GDT: Sabres VS Vancouver, 7 pm ET, 20/10/17

MODO Hockey

I think this team is uncoachable.

Eichel is the only guy doing anything and he'd be able to do even more if his linemates (more often) played to complement him and didn't just wait for him to do something or pass them the puck. 

For once I kinda agree with you. Eichel has the puck on the powerplay and everyone just stands around waiting for him to do something. No one moves or tries to get in a position to help.

We have Eichel and a bunch of guys. Not a team. We need someone to go in there and kick their ##### raw. I still believe we have some solid skill in our lineup, just it needs something. I'm unsure what it is but they seem to lack an ingredient that gets them all to play hard at least 75% of the game. Eichel seems to be learning, but aside from Pommers can anyone cash his gift wrapped goals?

Too many depth players aren't good.

The core might not be good enough.

And I am too old to invest any more time in praying for the pipeline.

I decided to step away from the Bills because they were responsible for too much negative energy in my life.

Haven't regretted it.

Maybe I need to think about investing less time in the Sabres.

Great point, life is so much more.

Start with a remould around Eichel then. He's a franchise guy, clearly. I'm honestly not going to waste time arguing for anyone else. If Botterill is looking to make trades, and he should be, everyone else needs to be on the table.

A guy like Reinhart might actually have value. But hurry because it's slipping fast. (And I just read that good Coller article on him, today, too.)

I'm really getting close to being in the "prefer trading Sam" camp. He's just one of many that haven't been doing much of anything, that's why we are 1-7, but he's tradeable.

Is it too early to say this core isn't working? Cause it's definitely not working. It's not even just the 1-7, it's how they look out there. That isn't just the byproduct of a system change. Something is broken here.

Hmm, are we the Colts of hockey? Franchise guy with little help around him, and unlike football one player can't really win you games often.

I just don't see it, he isn't the problem with the team right now, and not saying he can't become those guys, but how is he a game changer? Who is he making better out there? Okposo looked like a good deal for his contract he got with buffalo, but he hasn't looked the same without Tavares. Who can you say the same for with Eichel? Everyone talks about him being a leader/captain material, but this locker room is looking like a giant mess of guys who don't care or are just going through the motions. Jack has even at times look like hes just coasting

He has shown to increase his team's Goals For by more than one goal...PER GAME...which is incredible. 

Just imagine these guys without Jack producing all but like 2 of our ES goals this season, and drawing top competition. 

He's going to make a 50 point team a 75 point team. 

Taylor Hall doesn't have anywhere near the impact Jack does. RNH? Hah.

Edited by Randall Flagg

It is looking like with the mess that was last year and the changes made with management and coaching this team a year from being what it should be, just maybe it to much to expect so much so soon this year. It will get better but clearly some disappointing nights still ahead

I'd totally consider moving one or both. The only guys who can bring a big return are players like this. One thing I'll give GMTM is he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on a "wow" sort of trade (for better or worse).

problem with GMTM was that the other GM didn't have a problem pulling the trigger cause in most cases they were getting more then they should have for what the were giving up. I was all for getting Kane, but they gave up way too much for a guy the Jets were actively looking to dump and the Sabres were one of the only teams that could give the Jets something that could help them that year while taking a player who would t be healthy til the next year. I had no problems using prospects or picks in the deal, and no problem with dealing Myers or Stafford. Too much was given up to a team you almost had over a barrel. They could have kept a few of those assetts in another deal. Giving up a 1st (even a late one) for a goalie coming off big concussion issues and not proving much before the injuries is also an overpayment. SENS needed to move someone

For all we know we probably have a player here better than Auston Matthews and looking worse than Auston Matthews due to the drastically worse situation around him.

He's equalling Matthews production, has 10 points in 8 games, and we are completely waisting him.

I don't want to waste Eichel! We are lucky to have such an incredible player, and the Sabres are blowing it.

Edited by Thorny

They gottta make a deal,time for a major shakeup

There's nothing to shake up. They fired the coach and the GM. They've made big trades and signed big free agents. Theyve stockpiled draft picks. They assembled a new core and signed them to big, long-term contracts. They've flushed out the bottom half of the roster. All the big moves are done.

All we can do now is pray that Botterill's team can develop our young players as slowly he fills the cracks with the right veterans.

Five years of suffering and the result is the franchise has transformed from the Blues to the Panthers.

you Terry.

Edited by dudacek

There's nothing to shake up. They fired the coach and the GM. They've made big trades and signed big free agents. Theyve stockpiled draft picks. They assembled a new core and signed them to big, long-term contracts. They've flushed out the bottom half of the roster. All the big moves are done.

All we can do now is prayer that Botterill's team can develop our young players as he fills the cracks with the right veterans.

Five years of suffering and the result is the franchise has transformed from the Blues to the Panthers.

###### you Terry.

It's not Terry's fault. It's the players'

Tried watching some of the game tonight, but this team is just so not fun to watch. First time in my life I have lost interest in hockey. I will not spend any money on tickets this season. It's really hard to believe a team could get worse a few years after purposely tanking. Extremely disappointing.

Trade anyone not named Jack.

All we can do now is prayer that Botterill's team can develop our young players as he fills the cracks with the right veterans.

###### you Terry.

This man came to the conclusion this summer that he needs to be more involved than he has been, no?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.