GDT: Sabres VS Vancouver, 7 pm ET, 20/10/17

MODO Hockey

There wasn't possession. That's a play that is called offside 99.9% of the time. The NHL is just making ###### up like they always do to fabricate a reason for why they completely botched a call.

The last player to touch the puck is in possession of it! It doesn't have to be in your pocket!

I wish Housley would have gotten tossed arguing that offside call. They need something to wake these zombies up.

I'd pick an assistant captain and trade him. Then make a list of players in order of how hard you think they're playing. Put the traded player at the top and post it in the locker room. Then after each game adjust the ranking of lazy . You stay at the top for a week, gone.

Just saw the replay, watching from the Canadian broadcast and the puck is flipped in the air, he touches it with his stick as it's falling, crosses over the line with both skates, then reaches for the puck as it is on the blue line and pulls it over.

If the nhl defines having possession by just whomever touched the puck last, the yea he had possession cause he was the last to touch it, but he didn't have the puck when he crosses over, he just touched it last.

I'd pick an assistant captain and trade him. Then make a list of players in order of how hard you think they're playing. Put the traded player at the top and post it in the locker room. Then after each game adjust the ranking of lazy ######. You stay at the top for a week, gone.

I'd bag skate all of them except the laziest guy each game. He gets to watch from the bench with a beer

Edited by WildCard

The last player to touch the puck is in possession of it! It doesn't have to be in your pocket!

Ah, I actually think there is a legit reason for the discrepancy between our interpretations. I think you're thinking of possession in the delayed penalty sense in which case as soon as it touches the penalized team's stick they have "possession" and the play is blown dead. On rushes across the blue line "possession" has a completely different definition. Always has (at least in my 40ish years of playing and watching hockey).

I'd pick an assistant captain and trade him. Then make a list of players in order of how hard you think they're playing. Put the traded player at the top and post it in the locker room. Then after each game adjust the ranking of lazy ######. You stay at the top for a week, gone.

Lol. I'm open to anything now.

Bailey makes you wonder if there are other players in Rochester who play like they give half a damn. Maybe it's time that those guys get a shot to hurdle the low bar set by Moulson, Okposo, Pouliot and like 10 other guys on this sinking ship.

Why is this guy still on the team?

Moulson?

Having said that, I'm coming around to The Dipsy Doodle Argument. "Actually controlling" would seem to mean "maintaining control." Not a one-time tip.

I guess it's semantics(?)

Possession? Sure if it's defined as just being the last player to physically touch the puck

Control? Not a chance, he did not have control of the puck until he was well over the line

Ah, I actually think there is a legit reason for the discrepancy between our interpretations. I think you're thinking of possession in the delayed penalty sense in which case as soon as it touches the penalized team's stick they have "possession" and the play is blown dead. On rushes across the blue line "possession" has a completely different definition. Always has (at least in my 40ish years of playing and watching hockey).

You have to have control to get the whistle there. You have to do something with the puck. Again the issue on the call is control. He had controlled it, but was he "actually controlling" it? On to the Hockey Supreme Court.

You have to have control to get the whistle there. You have to do something with the puck. Again the issue on the call is control. He had controlled it, but was he "actually controlling" it? On to the Hockey Supreme Court.

the only thing he did with the puck was touched it in the air, he didn't move it anywhere or have it on his stick for more than a split second

Gotta be honest... I have absolutely no indication that JBot is any better as a GM than Murray just yet. Seem to me that pretty much every single player JBot acquired this off-season is terrible (with the exception of Pommer who has been solid thus far).

well we had more then part of an season of TM evidence over the few months of off-season with botterill

Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick with the offsides call.

The team is dead.

well what else is there to discuss besides "they suck?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.