GDT: Sabres @ Vegas Golden Knights, 10 pm ET, 10/17/17

Doohickie

I just think this roster is terrible. We have one "star" player in Jack. A few "good" players in guys like ROR and Kane. Then a bunch of non-difference makers. The top teams are chock full of talent all over the roster. We're just not even close. And, when we see half-assed effort like tonight, we have no chance.

It will take 2 seasons because that's how the Pegulas work.

Seriously though, what if this team starts out like 2-15-2? That would get ANY other coach fired in the NHL. Can even Housley survive that? I never anticipated this team could be this bad. But they are. Just honestly wondering how much rope Housley has?

Remember when this team was playing bad, Marcus or D-Lo would drop the gloves and start punching someone? This team has zero toughness. Not saying I want D-Lo back, but I do miss Foligno, and so does this team I think. No heart whatsoever.

Other than Jack, this team has no identity. To me you can be a speed team or a heavy team... but what is this collection of guys? They're slow and they don't play physical. And, they're not terribly skilled (other than Jack). Just a bunch of guys who skate around and collect paychecks.

Seriously though, what if this team starts out like 2-15-2? That would get ANY other coach fired in the NHL. Can even Housley survive that? I never anticipated this team could be this bad. But they are. Just honestly wondering how much rope Housley has?

Eh, I dunno. Colorado still has the coach that took them through last season. 

If it was an established guy with a good roster then yeah, a 2-15-2 coach would get fired, but generally rookie coaches of suspect teams get the benefit of the doubt. 

I don't think they're losing because of anything Housley is doing, though I bitch about a couple of his line combos. I think they are losing because they can't or won't play as hard as you need to every second you're on the ice to win a game in the NHL.

I just watched both faceoffs again. The linesman's hand never moved. The Sabres are just idiots.

Fair enough. 

The fake-out is definitely a thing though, even if it didn't happen there, and I don't understand it for the reason I stated. I guarantee 90% of the time when it happens players would have otherwise reacted legally - they know the faceoff rules.

Its just sad what had happened to Buffalo sports teams. And it started long before Pegula.

For the Sabres, they panic when they get the puck because every team in the league is aware the Sabres fold at the first sign of pressure.

What's worse is the passing and possession overall. Just terrible passing and it looks like were back to dump and Chase.

Very little speed game in and game out. This is a bottom 5 team........Again :(

I love Jack but does anybody wonder how different this franchise would be if we had Ekblad and McDavid instead of Reinhart and Eichel? If we had won both of the lotteries we should have, this would be a completely different team.

For sure, but we only had a 20% shot. Tough to expect anything otherwise.

Also, Ekblad is a shell of his potential at this point because of injuries and not being sheltered like he was his rookie year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.