GDT: Sabres @ Vegas Golden Knights, 10 pm ET, 10/17/17

Doohickie

Other than Jack, this team has no identity. To me you can be a speed team or a heavy team... but what is this collection of guys? They're slow and they don't play physical. And, they're not terribly skilled (other than Jack). Just a bunch of guys who skate around and collect paychecks.

Agreed. I am very surprised at how slow this team really looks. I thought Nolan would bring a little toughness back to the team, but even he looks disinterested out there.

If housley gets fired I want Ruff back.

I was actually shocked Ruff took an assistant role with the Rangers. Thought he would hold out for a head job. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Ruff try his hand with some of these current players. I think Housley is too nice. This team needs a coach who will kick them in the ass.

I love Jack but does anybody wonder how different this franchise would be if we had Ekblad and McDavid instead of Reinhart and Eichel? If we had won both of the lotteries we should have, this would be a completely different team.

For sure, but we only had a 20% shot. Tough to expect anything otherwise.

Also, Ekblad is a shell of his potential at this point because of injuries and not being sheltered like he was his rookie year.

As I recall, I was just about the only guy on this board who wasn't "all in" on taking Reinhart #2 overall a few years ago. I always favored Draisaitl. Hindsight is 20/20, but it is hard to argue that Samson is a difference maker thus far (although to be fair it was a pretty weak draft).

I was actually shocked Ruff took an assistant role with the Rangers. Thought he would hold out for a head job. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Ruff try his hand with some of these current players. I think Housley is too nice. This team needs a coach who will kick them in the ass.

But wasn't Ruff fired for being too nice too? 

It's a brand new day so I'm going to be opti!istic. Sabres show some gumption and come back here winning the game in regulation.

I'm with you. I was prepared to optimistic going into the 3rd at 2-1 but.....

Turn over a new leaf, throw out the negativity, and be a pillar of positivity.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Nothing wrong with holding out for a head job. In fact, I have before.

Nothing wrong with holding out for a head job. In fact, I have before.

I know a lot of it with coaches in the NFL and NHL and probably all professional leagues has to do with their pensions. Something about if they have continuous work, their pensions thrive, whereas if they take a year or two off, the pensions suffer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.