GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings, 10/14/17, 10:30pm ET, MSG

darksabre

I don't get the ref-bitching.

His poor positioning is the only reason there was a penalty instead of a Buffalo chance late in the period. He's not supposed to be there. It was his mistake. He needs to recede into the corner when the rush is obviously coming up his wall like that. 

Coupled with the garbage on Eichel in the second period when Brown engaged and was the one hanging on, and the blatant missed trip. It was a poor effort, that I'm sure they don't give a about and won't be held accountable for. 

His poor positioning is the only reason there was a penalty instead of a Buffalo chance late in the period. He's not supposed to be there. It was his mistake. He needs to recede into the corner when the rush is obviously coming up his wall like that. 

Coupled with the garbage on Eichel in the second period when Brown engaged and was the one hanging on, and the blatant missed trip. It was a poor effort, that I'm sure they don't give a ###### about and won't be held accountable for. 

I watched the Kane sequence to try and understand your point, and I didn't see the ref involved in the play at all. I'll have to watch the Eichel penalty again, but if it's a King doing that to a Sabre, there's no complaining, I don't think.

1 point of a possible 10 is a great way to tank the season before it even starts. So frustrating. At least Lehner can go home and watch the success of his favorite spineless, orange baby on tv to give himself hope.

Oh, you went there. Is the politics thread still verboten?

I watched the Kane sequence to try and understand your point, and I didn't see the ref involved in the play at all. I'll have to watch the Eichel penalty again, but if it's a King doing that to a Sabre, there's no complaining, I don't think.

The puck was stickhandled into the ref's skates, I'm 99% sure. And even if it didn't directly hit him, he's in the wrong spot and killed the rush.

I don't get the ref-bitching.

Why? Gorges gets tripped right in front of the ref a shift before he gets a penalty that they score on.

Jack gets a wtf call and they go up by a goal.

Then another horrible no call on a trip a shift before Kane gets his call.

I'm not saying we would have scored on any of our power plays, but the officiating was not unbiased.

Thank you Eichel, for at least keeping us in the game. He almost had 2 other assists had we been a bit lucky with Scandella's post or Griffith could of got some air under the puck.

The rest of you, the PK was a swiss cheese, the PP looked good briefly then sucked again, and the other lines were ok at times, but usually somewhere between bodies on ice and a tire fire. 

Why? Gorges gets tripped right in front of the ref a shift before he gets a penalty that they score on.

Jack gets a wtf call and they go up by a goal.

Then another horrible no call on a trip a shift before Kane gets his call.

I'm not saying we would have scored on any of our power plays, but the officiating was not unbiased.

Bias? Really? You could write a novel on all the calls they didn't make. You're just cherrypicking. I'm not about to let this team off the hook that easily.

I just can't get0-5 out of my head. They really let this thing get bad. 

Housley, you have to bring something to the table if you make decisions like switching Kane and Zemgus after Eichel did what he did with Zem for 5 periods in a row. Kane isn't a smart player and did a dumb thing and lost you the game. Do SOMETHING, make SOME decision that gets a better net result than the team having no coach whatsoever, because we're 0-5 right now and you don't look any good at all.

1 point of a possible 10 is a great way to tank the season before it even starts. So frustrating. At least Lehner can go home and watch the success of his favorite spineless, orange baby on tv to give himself hope.

This guy is still crying over Hillary? You’re the type that stalk ex girlfriends. It’s a big world outside your moms basement.

I noticed only two players that I think actually hurt the team, Pouliot and Bowl-U. McCabe was tough too, but at least he has positives.

I got shat on this summer for saying that Beaulieu won't replace Franson. He's so much worse. None of the defensive decision making, horrendous decisions to shoot, hasn't hit the net once. Who cares if you can skate better if you are the dumbest player on the ice.

This guy is still crying over Hillary? You’re the type that stalk ex girlfriends. It’s a big world outside your moms basement.

I'm surprised you can string a coherent sentence together that doesn't involve the words "Eichel", "Leaf", and a simpleton explanation for what you mean as if we didn't get your implications the first ten times you said it. 

And I didn't vote for Hillary. 

You bring nothing to this forum and should leave.

Bias? Really? You could write a novel on all the calls they didn't make. You're just cherrypicking. I'm not about to let this team off the hook that easily.

Maybe not biased, but they were one sided. The only non cal I saw on the Sabres was maccabe tackling a guy in front of the net. The refs more than made up for that. It was a really clean game I thought, up until they decided to call Jack for tickling a guy with a feather.

Go away.

I got shat on this summer for saying that Beaulieu won't replace Franson. He's so much worse. None of the defensive decision making, horrendous decisions to shoot, hasn't hit the net once. Who cares if you can skate better if you are the dumbest player on the ice.

I'm surprised you can string a coherent sentence together that doesn't involve the words "Eichel", "Leaf", and a simpleton explanation for what you mean as if we didn't get your implications the first ten times you said it.

And I didn't vote for Hillary.

You bring nothing to this forum and should leave.

You’re the one still crying over “Orange Man” as President. You have deep seeded issues that need to be hugged out. Tell your mom that dad said to give you a loving hug.

Wow. Frustrating way to take the L.

Last year the PK was excellent for about 3 games & then was beyond awful the rest of the season. Perfect through 3 this year. Gave up one in San Jose & struck out tonight.

The call on Gorges was weak, but it was probably called not just because the King lost an edge but he'd gotten away w/ worse about 3 times earlier in the game.

Yes, Kane got the puck to Eichel (on a play based off Pominville & the LD's excellent efforts) on the goal. Still don't want him out there w/ Jack. That was the ONLY puck that Kane got to Jack that game.

Really wish somebody besides the newly expanded "Club of 4" could score. Griffith & Scandella both should've joined the club. (As could O'Reilly & Reinhart.) 11 Sabres goals: Eichel 7 points, Kane 7 points, Pominville 6 points, Girgensons 3 points in 5 periods w/ Eichel. Everyone else 2 or fewer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.