Dan Dunleavy

Radar

This guy has brought me to the point of hardly caring to listen to Sabres broadcast if he's on. This guy has to be the worst in the league. I'm sure he's probably a nice person but I find it impossible to listen to him on radio. TV at least you can see where the play is. Radio no idea. When there is a goal it's an almost "oh, by the way they scored" 10 seconds later. On power plays no idea time left or where the play is. Please find a replacement.

Honestly, he would improve exponentially in my eyes simply by saying "Scores!" when the puck goes in the net. It's not hard! It's more annoying than I ever would have thought it would be, to see the puck go in and just hear him trailing off on some random sentence. It's incredibly anticlimactic and makes for an uninteresting broadcast.

This guy has brought me to the point of hardly caring to listen to Sabres broadcast if he's on. This guy has to be the worst in the league. I'm sure he's probably a nice person but I find it impossible to listen to him on radio. TV at least you can see where the play is. Radio no idea. When there is a goal it's an almost "oh, by the way they scored" 10 seconds later. On power plays no idea time left or where the play is. Please find a replacement.

You gotta believe me: he's far from the worst in the league. There is much worse.  So much worse.  We're spoiled with Rick.  He's dynamic, exciting, knowledgeable, lovable, and even for a homer, professional.  He's a Hall of Famer. I know Dan isn't exciting, especially compared to RIck, but he's far from the worst.

A year ago, somebody somewhere tabulated the worst/best.  Buffalo somehow only ended up 10th (we're easily top five).  Paul Stiegerwald, everybody:

Calling the wrong score:

Hobey Baker death in joke in poor taste:

Bitching about the Islanders:

Stiegerwald was pulled from the booth this year.  And that's just one guy in Pittsburgh.  Fox Sports PTDucks' broadcast is dogshit from top to bottom.  Bruins' Jack Edwards is such a homer it makes my ears (and referees' ears) bleed.  Mike I-Fall-Asleep-When-The-Opponent-Scores Haynes still has a job in Colorado.  The list goes on and on.  We have it really good in Buffalo.

Honestly, he would improve exponentially in my eyes simply by saying "Scores!" when the puck goes in the net. It's not hard! It's more annoying than I ever would have thought it would be, to see the puck go in and just hear him trailing off on some random sentence. It's incredibly anticlimactic and makes for an uninteresting broadcast.

hahahaha when i saw this topic, i figured this was what it was about as it was brought up last night in the GDT, and i came in to say just that. He doesn't really bother me too much, i don't think hes the leagues worst and as a sideline reporter i think he does excellent, his PBP drops off a bit, but i get so annoyed with the "Scores" call! Made me laugh,

That's because on tv you're not depending on someone to tell you much. Frankly I can tolerate him on tv but he's not good period.

For sure, I have fundamentally different requirements from a good TV announcer versus a radio one, and I can understand why some might not like him on TV too but that's a pretty subjective debate - for example, find me 3 non-Sabres fans that don't HATE when they have to listen to RJ call. I would have a hard time doing so and I think he's one of the best ever

hahahaha when i saw this topic, i figured this was what it was about as it was brought up last night in the GDT, and i came in to say just that. He doesn't really bother me too much, i don't think hes the leagues worst and as a sideline reporter i think he does excellent, his PBP drops off a bit, but i get so annoyed with the "Scores" call! Made me laugh,

Haha exactly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.