GDT Prospects Challenge: Pittsburgh 9-11-17 7:00

rakish

My sources are quiet on who is expected to play. If you haven't been paying attention, Nylander was hurt in the New Jersey game, and Asplund and Mittelstadt were not part of the roster.

Pittsburgh roster

The Penguins only rakish approved prospect on their roster is Daniel Sprong.

Bruins beat the Penguins 3-2 in OT

Penguins beat New Jersey 6-2

Sabres beat the Bruins 7-4

New Jersey beat Buffalo 4-3 in OT

making all 4 teams 1-1

sabres.com played hide-and-seek with the streaming link for the Boston game, but I think it was quicksandmonster who found it on twitter.

My sources are quiet on who is expected to play. If you haven't been paying attention, Nylander was hurt in the New Jersey game, and Asplund and Mittelstadt were not part of the roster.

Pittsburgh roster

The Penguins only rakish approved prospect on their roster is Daniel Sprong.

Bruins beat the Penguins 3-2 in OT

Penguins beat New Jersey 6-2

Sabres beat the Bruins 7-4

New Jersey beat Buffalo 4-3 in OT

making all 4 teams 1-1

sabres.com played hide-and-seek with the streaming link for the Boston game, but I think it was quicksandmonster who found it on twitter.

The Sabres and Penguins are 1 - 0 - 1

The Bruins and Devils are 1 - 1 - 0

Winner of the Sabres v. Penguins takes home the tournament title.

Buffalo's prospects should have more skill considering recent draft positions. This will be a match of skill versus the "Penguins Process" supposedly set up by JBots himself.

I guess there are ties to consider.

As for the tournament indicating the strength of the farm system, I'm not convinced. The amount of improvement of players at this age really demonstrates the age of the players selected rather than the quality of each prospect.  If Bailey and Pu were the same age, I would be a lot more excited about Bailey and much less excited about Pu. Pittsburgh, additionally, seems to try to get their prospects into the NCAA, so most of their best prospects, like Buffalo's best prospects, aren't here.

Edited by rakish

Just keep in mind that Buffalo should have (if things were normal) Eichel, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Asplund and Davidsson all in the prospect game. 3 years to the NHL is really what we need to become re-accustomed to.  Nylander taking another full year shouldn't be shocking and Mittelstadt spending time in the AHL shouldn't be weird. 

For example Glotov. He is going into year 2 in the Q.  Now after this year he will be AHL eligible (is he AHL eligible now?) and should spend at least 2-3 years in the AHL. Will he make it? Probably not but that is his development curve, another 3-4 years. 

Just keep in mind that Buffalo should have (if things were normal) Eichel, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Asplund and Davidsson all in the prospect game. 3 years to the NHL is really what we need to become re-accustomed to.  Nylander taking another full year shouldn't be shocking and Mittelstadt spending time in the AHL shouldn't be weird. 

For example Glotov. He is going into year 2 in the Q.  Now after this year he will be AHL eligible (is he AHL eligible now?) and should spend at least 2-3 years in the AHL. Will he make it? Probably not but that is his development curve, another 3-4 years. 

There are no players on the current roster, or anywhere in the Sabre's system, who were drafted more than 5 years ago by Buffalo.

They're essentially an expansion team heading into year #5 of existence.

Nice PP goal.

They were moving it around pretty well and a good shot by Guhle walking the line.

Duff said it may have been tipped by Fasching.

Fasching has the build to be a net front presence. If he develops his game he could get some looks in that role.

I think Fasching gets traded at some point, he doesn't really fit into the direction JBOTs wants this team to go.   He's a nice prospect, but I think he gets buried in Roch until they can work out a deal.

Guhle with 3pts on the 3 goals 

I think Fasching gets traded at some point, he doesn't really fit into the direction JBOTs wants this team to go.   He's a nice prospect, but I think he gets buried in Roch until they can work out a deal.

I doubt we trade probably the only "big" player we have coming up in the system. Bailey/Baptiste would be more likely since they are very similar. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.