dudacek's Sabrespace Offseason NHL Player Ranking Game Thread

Randall Flagg

Would not expect you to have him ranked ahead of Montour, Gostisbehere and a few other young defencemen.

I guess those earlier arguments were more about need and potential "than whose the best right now?"

Pretty much, and it's based on our teams need and contract situations, not the overall player of right now.

Plus I forgot about Ghost

Edited by WildCard

This [team building] was the big confusion last time, so let's just give it an emphatic No this time. No roster building, taking G because you haven't yet or anything like that.

Maybe we can do a build-a-team competition at some point too, with posters that didn't make the deadline for this thread but were interested?

And contracts don't matter and age of player only matters if you think it will directly affect his performance over the next 82 games

We are to be picking the BPA, in our opinion.

You may be thinking of duda's other thread?

Sorry, I posted that a little ambiguously. I meant to say we're picking BPA here, and I usually advocate a younger defensemen elsewhere because of contract, age, and team need. 

Pretty much, and it's based on our teams need and contract situations, not the overall player of right now.

Plus I forgot about Ghost

He didn't have a great sophomore year.  He should have won the Calder in 16, but last year was not nearly as impressive.

He didn't have a great sophomore year.  He should have won the Calder in 16, but last year was not nearly as impressive.

Very true, but I still think he should go about right here. Think he has a really nice bounce-back year this year; there were a lot of reasons he didn't perform up to his Calder standard, but he still played well, especially relative to his teammates. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.