Sabres Pick #99: Jacob Bryson (D)

LGR4GM

Ranked 167 by future considerations.

and I would have waited til 161 to take him. 

Keep it up, BRAWNDO; you'll beat Liger with one of these picks.

It's all him. I am disappointed in our scouting staff as I believe they reached with back to back picks. Farrance was/is a better pick than either player and neither of those players were going in the 3rd or beginning of the 4th. It was a reach and I am unhappy with our GM currently. 

I think that the idea of drafting fast skaters is good, I think reaching on defenders with those qualifications is bad especially when a guy like Farrance also has those traits. I basically do not think Buffalo got good value in the 3rd or 4th. 

Edited by LGR4GM

and I would have waited til 161 to take him.

It's all him. I am disappointed in our scouting staff as I believe they reached with back to back picks. Farrance was/is a better pick than either player and neither of those players were going in the 3rd or beginning of the 4th. It was a reach and I am unhappy with our GM currently.

I think that the idea of drafting fast skaters is good, I think reaching on defenders with those qualifications is bad especially when a guy like Farrance also has those traits. I basically do not think Buffalo got good value in the 3rd or 4th.

I agree, I'm willing to wait and see but these guys seem a little small to keep up with the rigors of playoff hockey

Another 5'9 D. At least he's 178

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=104164

Do they have a clue as to what they are doing? Another wasted pick.

LOL

Keep it up, BRAWNDO; you'll beat Liger with one of these picks.

Hey 11 were more then 3 rounds in did that unsigned sabre (already forget his name) get drafted or are you paying the charity bet?

Can we ignore posters?  Seriously, calm the **** down.  For the most part there were maybe 4-7 players that could definitely help the Sabres day one of next season, all if not most were gone by #8.  

It's fun when you get a new GM to trust his judgement and reserve your own. Message boards have turned fanbases into the most vocal and impatient lot. Let the guy establish a track record please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.