2017 NHL Draft -- Sabres Thread

Thorny

A. Can't make someone sign, he has to WANT to forgo his best shot to get a big payday.

B. You need to trust him over a 7 year term.  Do you?

If this were a Cup run year I'd agree with you.  It's not.  Kane has to be moved. Preferably today.

Don't agree here. Can foresee a deep playoff run in the next 2 seasons (see, Ottawa) if they continue to fix the D.

Yep. A lot of talk about forward prospects here. I'm surprised there isn't as much of a focus on D-men. Are the D prospects you're interested in out of reach of the 8th pick?

I honestly don't know a ton about this draft. 

If Vegas is looking to acquire picks to move up,could we flip #8 for Shea Theodore?

They want top picks though, somewhere in the top 4. I'd think Theodore would help them doing that more than flipping our 8 would. They could trade Theodore straight up to the Avs for 4 I'd bet

We don't know this for a fact. If true, he absolutely won't sign, I'd ship him out only for the right return, still.

A season of Kane has a value to me.

If his value right now is a 2nd and B-prospect, that's probably his value at the trade deadline, right? Though a player's value is usually highest right now, I'm not sure that holds for Kane. We could try to make a run and still get value if we fall short, or even if we're on the bubble (for instance, maybe Nylander is ready in spring) without sacrificing the run. Though I'm fairly certain trading Kane if we're on the bubble would cause a board crash :lol:

If his value right now is a 2nd and B-prospect, that's probably his value at the trade deadline, right? Though a player's value is usually highest right now, I'm not sure that holds for Kane. We could try to make a run and still get value if we fall short, or even if we're on the bubble (for instance, maybe Nylander is ready in spring) without sacrificing the run. Though I'm fairly certain trading Kane if we're on the bubble would cause a board crash :lol:

or a butt rash of some sort

would you hold onto Kane to try make play-offs this year? trade at deadline if they are out of contention. If they are in the race, come the deadline, let him potentially walk for nothing?

I think I would, unless someone knocks my socks off with a deal.

This is how I feel. He may not fetch more now than at the deadline and we don't have him for a full season. I'm not trading him for anything less than a top three defenseman or first round pick plus a prospect. Don't think that's happening. Edited by Radar

would you hold onto Kane to try make play-offs this year? trade at deadline if they are out of contention. If they are in the race, come the deadline, let him potentially walk for nothing? 

I think I would, unless someone knocks my socks off with a deal.

Agreed.

This is where I am at as well. I'm not outright opposed to dealing Kane, I just probably put more value in a season-long rental than most, particularly if his current return is ballz.

with both Friedman and Dreger linking Shattenkirk to Buffalo, does this change the opinion of the "draft a dman at 8 regardless" crowd at all?  

They"re spitballing clickbait.  I can't see him coming here.  

with both Friedman and Dreger linking Shattenkirk to Buffalo, does this change the opinion of the "draft a dman at 8 regardless" crowd at all?  

No because I think Shattenkirk goes to the Rangers like he wants. Also they should take the most talented player they can at #8. 

Agreed.

This is where I am at as well. I'm not outright opposed to dealing Kane, I just probably put more value in a season-long rental than most, particularly if his current return is ballz.

Maybe we should put a poll up, but I get the distinct impression the "keep Kane" (even for just the season) crowd is much larger than the "trade him now for futures" group.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.