Head Coach Thread: What / Whom Do You Want, etc.?

Eleven

I'll take that bet  :nana:

And for every one of those examples it's showcasing that those coaches are bad no matter what, not that the experience benefited them either way. When a good head coach fails at his first job then succeeds, it tells me he learned something from that first job.

On the flip side, this inference isn't as obvious as you make it seem. What if it was a good coach who went from a bad situation to a good situation? 

Let's be honest here, neither of us is going to sit down and operationalize success/failure to a satisfying degree AND do the legwork to see who wins the bet :lol:

On the flip side, this inference isn't as obvious as you make it seem. What if it was a good coach who went from a bad situation to a good situation? 

Let's be honest here, neither of us is going to sit down and operationalize success/failure to a satisfying degree AND do the legwork to see who wins the bet :lol:

Agreed, let's just bitch and complain about any head coach that comes in and fails to bring us to the playoffs. Ya know, like good old times :D

If his lack of HC experience at the pro level is hindering him from taking the next step, I could see it.

It's only a matter of time Housley gets an NHL HC job though. If he doesn't get it this year in Buffalo, there's no need to panic as he'll almost certainly have more chances next year. And I also think that if Housley doesn't get the Buffalo job, it's not due to him being a bad candidate (or lacking NHL HC experience). He's excellent, but he's going up against a first time GM who will likely want to hire his friend.

It's only a matter of time Housley gets an NHL HC job though. If he doesn't get it this year in Buffalo, there's no need to panic as he'll almost certainly have more chances next year. And I also think that if Housley doesn't get the Buffalo job, it's not due to him being a bad candidate (or lacking NHL HC experience). He's excellent, but he's going up against a first time GM who will likely want to hire his friend. someone he is comfortable working with.

fixed

It's interesting that many are talking about Phil Housley because they hope

he can make chicken salad out of the chicken that has been the Buffalo d-core.

Considering the young depth on this team lies with power forwards like Carrier, Bailey, Fasching, Baptiste and even Girgensons, who better to mould them than one of the best power forwards of the '80s and '90s?

Considering the strength of the team is in talented young forwards Nylander, Reinhart and Eichel, who better to help them improve than the man Sidney Crosby and Phil Kessel can't say enough good things about?

Let Botterill address our weaknesses. Wouldn't we be better off with a coach who can develop our strengths?

EDIT: isn't this exactly what Botterill talked about? Developing the players already here?

Edited by dudacek

By the way, did anyone hear the comments Boughner made about analytics? For a team that cleared out it's cabinet to deal with analytics going forward, this hire is confusing to say the least. It probably also explains why we didn't hire him

https://twitter.com/Cats0ntheprowl/status/874381383745101824

The guy seems to miss the point that the chart or graph doesn't tell you you are playing bad but why you are playing bad. 

Fred Jackson, Sal C and someone from UFC about the Mayweather-MacGregor Fight are the only guests I heard this AM.

Plus I doubt a candidate for a job would be on the Sabres Radio Affiliate without being announced for the job, but I have been wrong before.

Fred Jackson, Sal C and someone from UFC about the Mayweather-MacGregor Fight are the only guests I heard this AM.

Plus I doubt a candidate for a job would be on the Sabres Radio Affiliate without being announced for the job, but I have been wrong before.

That's why I was shocked.

Where did you hear this Wildcard?

I listened to most of the first two hours, there was no mention of him being on or going to be on, are you sure it was WGR?

There is no segregated segment on demand for Housley, they are usually really good at separating the interviews for listeners on demand. Two other guest interviews from this morning are already posted.

That's why I was shocked.

Where did you hear this Wildcard?

There is no segregated segment on demand for Housley, they are usually really good at separating the interviews for listeners on demand. Two other guest interviews from this morning are already posted.

Huh, guess I am mistaken then. Not quite sure what I heard then, sorry about that.