2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

Why do I get the feeling the Oilers are going to make the final, and be taken apart in 4 or 5 games by Pittsburgh or Washington?

I think the Preds match up really well against them too. Well, minus the fact that their goalie is Rinne, who can morph into a sieve at a moment's notice.

And this series is making me hate the Sekera trade all over again. That honestly may have been Darcy's worst trade...by a wide margin.

I think the Preds match up really well against them too. Well, minus the fact that their goalie is Rinne, who can morph into a sieve at a moment's notice.

And this series is making me hate the Sekera trade all over again. That honestly may have been Darcy's worst trade...by a wide margin.

It's one that seems to get continually worse as more time goes by.

No.

And that play by Lindolm on McDavid was quite swell.

No chance Klefbom takes the step we yearn to see with Risto without Larsson. His presence also put Sekera and Russell into roles that they're much better suited for, turning Russell from an "lol Oilers" signing to a nice add to the bottom 4. And perhaps most importantly, they finally could properly shelter Nurse and as a result his development stabilized after almost going off the rails. The vacuum value of the trade still favors NJ but the trade is a huge reason why they have a very real chance to be playing hockey in the closing weeks of May.

When did the Oilers become the Devils?

Talbot just saves everything.

38-18 shots for the Ducks. Ice is severely tilted in their favour, and they are on the verge of being down 0-2.

I tuned in to see McDavid make exciting plays. Why are the Oilers playing like this? Is this what playoff hockey has to be?

---

Blatant hook, no call. Not in the playoffs.

Edited by Thorny

think it has become obvious that the team with the best offensive defencemen win...Ottawa, Nashville and now Edmonton winning because their defence are stepping up and making the difference. we clearly need to a) allow our defence to be more proactive offensively and not be afraid to go up and be creative, and b) we need to acquire one guy to add to Risto & Guhle who loves to skate and join the rush

No chance Klefbom takes the step we yearn to see with Risto without Larsson. His presence also put Sekera and Russell into roles that they're much better suited for, turning Russell from an "lol Oilers" signing to a nice add to the bottom 4. And perhaps most importantly, they finally could properly shelter Nurse and as a result his development stabilized after almost going off the rails. The vacuum value of the trade still favors NJ but the trade is a huge reason why they have a very real chance to be playing hockey in the closing weeks of May.

Has Klefbom really taken a step, or has he just been healthy? He was a total stud last season, sans Larsson, and then got hurt. Sekera is who he has always been too. Fair point on allowing Nurse/Russell to be sheltered, though.

Undo the trade, and I think the Oilers are in the same place. Healthy McDavid and Klefbom, coupled with Draisaitl's emergence gets them here. Hell, they're still not a very good team when McDavid isn't on the ice. I think the improvement Hall would make on the ice when McDavid isn't, overcomes any trickle down effect Larsson has had on the blue line.

When did the Oilers become the Devils?

Talbot just saves everything.

38-18 shots for the Ducks. Ice is severely tilted in their favour, and they are on the verge of being down 0-2.

I tuned in to see McDavid make exciting plays. Why are the Oilers playing like this? Is this what playoff hockey has to be?

---

Blatant hook, no call. Not in the playoffs.

I really think the Ducks are a better team than the Oilers. And by a fair margin at that. Difference right now is the Oilers have capitalizes on their few chances, while Talbot is standing on his head.

He was awesome, but we were getting ready to lose on purpose for 2 years in a row.

Right, it was a total tank move. It was understandable. The return, however, was horrible.

Apparently Milbury inserted another shoe in his mouth last night in regards to Subban. Idiot.

This is my shocked face.

Has Klefbom really taken a step, or has he just been healthy? He was a total stud last season, sans Larsson, and then got hurt. Sekera is who he has always been too. Fair point on allowing Nurse/Russell to be sheltered, though.

Undo the trade, and I think the Oilers are in the same place. Healthy McDavid and Klefbom, coupled with Draisaitl's emergence gets them here. Hell, they're still not a very good team when McDavid isn't on the ice. I think the improvement Hall would make on the ice when McDavid isn't, overcomes any trickle down effect Larsson has had on the blue line.

I really think the Ducks are a better team than the Oilers. And by a fair margin at that. Difference right now is the Oilers have capitalizes on their few chances, while Talbot is standing on his head.

I'm mostly reading off of what Oilers fans have been saying for this. But I'm dialing it back - if you go to their Larsson player discussion thread, a few of them literally don't want to add Hall to the team even if they got to keep Larsson! That's obviously crazy talk, but I trust them to evaluate their defense a lot more than I trust myself on the ~7 games I've watched them play this year from start to finish.

I'm mostly reading off of what Oilers fans have been saying for this. But I'm dialing it back - if you go to their Larsson player discussion thread, a few of them literally don't want to add Hall to the team even if they got to keep Larsson! That's obviously crazy talk, but I trust them to evaluate their defense a lot more than I trust myself on the ~7 games I've watched them play this year from start to finish.

I do too, but I think some of it is probably results-oriented analysis mistaking correlation for causation. We finally traded a forward to help the defense, now we're good!

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc. It came after it therefore it happened because of it. Except it's hardly ever true." - Josiah Bartlet.

Lol they kicked off the pregame show with Roenick playing a clip of himself dancing before a playoff game in LA just to make Millbury look like a dick. Love it.

Solid move there :lol: I'd bet anything if PK wasn't black Millbury doesn't say that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.