2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

It's not that Nashville is that good (though they are very good of course) it's that Rinne is. Chicago couldn't score against him 5v5. Only one goal at even strength in four games.

They're just hoping he stays great. He was terribly inconsistent this year, some really bad months and some great months. 

Even though Bettman recently said there are no plans to change the playoff format, I'm sure it's bound to happen.  People want to see the best playing each other in the Conference and Stanley Cup Finals.  The round 2 match ups are unbalanced.  Could lead to lower ratings in round 3.  And if ratings become a regular problem, the NHL will make another change to the playoffs.  Use the kiss (keep it simple stupid) method.  Top seed should be playing lowest seed.  

It's not that much different today than the way it was 10 years ago - in 2006, the Sabres & Senators had the top points in the east and met in the semis. It just happened to be because they were in the same division that the Sabres got the #4 seed.

That said, I'd rather we go back to seeding the top 8 by points and re-seed after each round. Not much you can do about upsets, but with the re-seeding, we'd at least get a chance to see the top points teams left in the end.

It's not that much different today than the way it was 10 years ago - in 2006, the Sabres & Senators had the top points in the east and met in the semis. It just happened to be because they were in the same division that the Sabres got the #4 seed.

That said, I'd rather we go back to seeding the top 8 by points and re-seed after each round. Not much you can do about upsets, but with the re-seeding, we'd at least get a chance to see the top points teams left in the end.

I agree that top 8 in both conferences and re seed from there was the best way. I really don't understand why they changed it with the division realignment; let rivalries happen naturally.

Also I wish the league would revert back to East vs West all star games.

Dealing with these two:

1. The good players are all getting older, the interchangeable bottom half of the roster didn't get it done this time. 

2. St. Louis may be the luckiest team in the history of lucky teams coming out of that series.  Minnesota was the better team everywhere but the scoreboard in every game.  Which gets you knocked out in the first round because you still lost four times, but still. 

Jake Allen bailed them out, screwing over my brackett :p

And I'm not really following the playoffs, not interested in watching games from other teams.  I'll keep to recaps.

kinda like Nashville, does St. Louis not have a good defence? Seems to show that you have to have that real good defence to advance...makes one wonder what the leafs will do because they really do not even have one real goo ddefenceman (and don;t tell me reilly or gardiner are studs cause a few years back Leafs fans were ready to run them both out of town along with Kadri, JVR, Bozak and others)...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.