Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

FTR, it's been more than one comment, and I don't even really care, But either the single purpose of the Buffalo Sabres is to win the Stanley Cup, or it's to adhere to good Christian values and hopefully win the Stanley Cup.

Fun Fact 1: When I just proofread that sentence I noticed that I had mistakenly typed Satanley Cup,… Ooops.

Fun Fact 2: With that in mind, why is a good Christian owning a sports team to begin with? Isn't the Stanley Cup the falsest of idols. I worship the ###### outa that mofo and want it bad. :devil:

FTR, really? Okay for the record, links please. Show me (not make vague remarks) what it is exactly that is causing some of the people on this board to treat Terry Pegula like some type of Jesuit please. I'm really, really curious..

FTR, really? Okay for the record, links please. Show me (not make vague remarks) what it is exactly that is causing some of the people on this board to treat Terry Pegula like some type of Jesuit please. I'm really, really curious..

Like I said, I don't really care (definitely not enough to do your Google searching for you, anyway :lol: ), but the faith of every hire so far by TP has been an issue and mentioned.

Like I said, I don't really care (definitely not enough to do your Google searching for you, anyway :lol: ), but the faith of every hire so far by TP has been an issue and mentioned.

You insinuate, borderline accuse a man of violating a federal anti discrimination law and cant bother to back it up? Your accusation in written format is borderline libel and im surprised the mods allow it.

I think we can discuss our preference, or not, for faith based business and sports decisions without being snide and condescending. I read the word "obnoxious" in Saratoga's post and concluded it related to tone and respect. I think Saratoga has a point. When the "faith" in "faith based" is Christian, sneering ridicule often goes unchallenged. The same snickering drivel directed toward another faith would be rightly censored. We suffered Raptor Jesus for quite some time.

I'm no choir boy. I'm repectful toward those that are.

You insinuate, borderline accuse a man of violating a federal anti discrimination law and cant bother to back it up? Your accusation in written format is borderline libel and im surprised the mods allow it.

ugh. Should I be worried that PSE is going to send their team of lawyers after me?

ugh. Should I be worried that PSE is going to send their team of lawyers after me?

Nah, and I would certainly not wish that in anyway. Just pointing out the seriousness of what is being said against him. I doubt he wouldn't hire someone over religious affiliation.

Again, I think his comments about character etc from the press conference eluded that he thought there were things going on behind his back. We'll never know unless he writes a book about it I suppose.

Whatever other stuff has been said by him in the past, I've yet to read it in print or hear it myself. Just heard about it here, if it is even true. Either way I think Neo summed it up very well. Respect goes along way.

I think we can discuss our preference, or not, for faith based business and sports decisions without being snide and condescending. I read the word "obnoxious" in Saratoga's post and concluded it related to tone and respect. I think Saratoga has a point. When the "faith" in "faith based" is Christian, sneering ridicule often goes unchallenged. The same snickering drivel directed toward another faith would be rightly censored. We suffered Raptor Jesus for quite some time.

I'm no choir boy. I'm repectful toward those that are.

Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God. It has to do with science denial and how dumb that can be Edited by LGR4GM

Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God. It has to do with science denial and how dumb that can be.

As for the Sabres, religious faith in anyone is fine. The issue is when that faith suddenly becomes some type of prerequisite to being "good" as a person. If it is a prerequisite for the Pegulas that is an issue if it blinds them to other qualified candidates who have principles but aren't religious. It's actually illegal discrimination.

It may be about "science denial" but you are in denial (or perhaps in the Nile) if you believe raptor JESUS is not chosen also to tweak those of the Christian faith.

It may be about "science denial" but you are in denial (or perhaps in the Nile) if you believe raptor JESUS is not chosen also to tweak those of the Christian faith.

Didn't say it wasn't. It was definitely designed to tweak those of the Christian faith. And raptor Jesus has not been on this board for a long time, until someone else tossed it out.

I edited my other comment because I don't want to be involved in the other part of this conversation and decided that after my initial post.

Edited by LGR4GM

Didn't say it wasn't. And raptor Jesus has not been on this board for a long time, until someone else tossed it out.

I edited my other comment because I don't want to be involved in the other part of this conversation and decided that after my initial post.

You shouldn't have. it was a good point.

There are plenty of Christians out there who need a good nose tweaking.

Pegula perhaps among them.

Ah, snap!

Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God. It has to do with science denial and how dumb that can be

"Science denial and how dumb that can be".

That was a big meatball to throw out there. This is how topics change very quickly and begin to have nothing to do with hockey. I beleive in young earth creationism. Guess that makes me a "dumb science denier". I can live with that, science is always changing anyway.

"Science denial and how dumb that can be".

That was a big meatball to throw out there. This is how topics change very quickly and begin to have nothing to do with hockey. I beleive in young earth creationism. Guess that makes me a dumb science denier. I can live with that, science is always changing anyway.

The earth is not 6000 years old. Period.

Oh and I didn't say "dumb science denier" I said "science denial and how dumb that can be". In your fake quote I am calling you dumb. In my real quote I am calling the denial of science dumb. There's a big difference. Food for thought.

Edited by LGR4GM

Jesus is God. Period.

(Kind of annoying isn't it)

Oh and I didn't say "dumb science denier" I said "science denial and how dumb that can be". In your fake quote I am calling you dumb. In my real quote I am calling the denial of science dumb. There's a big difference. Food for thought.

Semantics, same thing.

I am constantly amazed at how some bigoted stereotypes are deemed unforgivable and others are unthinkingly accepted.

That applies to both sides of this discussion.

Pondering the role/relevance of faith in someone's decision-making process is absolutely aboveboard.

Making sweeping generalizations based on what you think one's faith says about him is not.

Jesus is God. Period.

(Kind of annoying isn't it)

Semantics, same thing.

It's not the same thing. I'm not calling you dumb. I'm calling the denial of established science dumb. God and science can coexist very easily. Edited by LGR4GM

How did you guys arrive at this garbage from two guys losing their jobs because they were not doing them well enough for the bosses liking? It's hockey, it's the entertainment business. You guys think it's some sort of Holy war. Please.

Edited by RustySabre

Didn't say it wasn't. It was definitely designed to tweak those of the Christian faith. And raptor Jesus has not been on this board for a long time, until someone else tossed it out.

You most certainly DID SAY it wasn't about faith. Or do you somehow not understand how intentionally tweaking Christians for THEIR FAITH is about FAITH?

You wrote "Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God." Do you not see the inconsistency in your 2 posts? Seriously?

Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God. It has to do with science denial and how dumb that can be

Edited by Taro T

Saratoga, how about we just agree that we have different views about the world and shake hands. We've probably derailed this thread enough and I can believe in my science and you can believe in your young earth and we'll both cheer for the Sabres.

You most certainly DID SAY it wasn't about faith. Or do you somehow not understand how intentionally tweaking Christians for THEIR FAITH is about FAITH?

You wrote "Raptor Jesus has nothing to do with faith or Jesus or God." Do you not see the inconsistency in your 2 posts? Seriously?

Ok

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.