Prediction time (DDB) II -- Following GMTM's Presser, Will DDB Get Canned this Week?

nfreeman

A New Hope  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we've heard GMTM's presser -- do you think Bylsma will be let go?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't have a problem with his demeanor or anything he said. I didn't think he disrespected anyone there. Hamilton has bad hockey opinions, I hear them every time he comes on the morning show. The O'Reilly practice stuff was ludicrous (the coaches shut down the extra practice) and he brought no evidence to the table to defend his character assassination of Reinhart (he never once verified that Reinhart was spending his extra time from not going to ROR's practice doing anything lazy or bad, and he was at the real regular practice anyway!). That was an embarrassing display by him that lost all of his credibility for me, and makes me laugh at the "Eichel Staged freak out" story line.

Oh and poor Josh gorges being bullied by the mean Sabres rookies.

Was Eich's benching for being late to a meeting or not back checking? Was it ever reported or just speculated? I've heard both. Is Calgary in immature hands because they had to bench Gaudreau and Monahan at the same time because they were both late to/skipping a meeting? Mehhhhhhh.

All of this...Thank you Flagg. Hamilton seems to run with a narrative without much if any evidence to back it up. On the other hand, Coller, JW, even at times Schopp have data to back up their opinions that are likely the result of putting in work hours off air. I wonder how difficult it is for them to hold back when PH is talking on the show. I won't call PH lazy, because I do not know his daily routine. However, his opinions that he will pass off as knowledge/facts seem to be based on very brief observations. Edited by Doctor of Philhousley

I didn't have a problem with his demeanor or anything he said. I didn't think he disrespected anyone there. Hamilton has bad hockey opinions, I hear them every time he comes on the morning show. The O'Reilly practice stuff was ludicrous (the coaches shut down the extra practice) and he brought no evidence to the table to defend his character assassination of Reinhart (he never once verified that Reinhart was spending his extra time from not going to ROR's practice doing anything lazy or bad, and he was at the real regular practice anyway!). That was an embarrassing display by him that lost all of his credibility for me, and makes me laugh at the "Eichel Staged freak out" story line.

Oh and poor Josh gorges being bullied by the mean Sabres rookies.

Was Eich's benching for being late to a meeting or not back checking? Was it ever reported or just speculated? I've heard both. Is Calgary in immature hands because they had to bench Gaudreau and Monahan at the same time because they were both late to/skipping a meeting? Mehhhhhhh.

I hadn't heard the story about the coaches shutting down ROR's extra practice. Is there a link?

So the fans want a coaching change, and in order to do something for the fans, the organization is going to serve up a heaping helping of false hope, and pull the rug out at a later date? That strikes me as quite a bit worse for the fans than simply making a decision they'll be mad about.

You've never followed the wrestling world, have you?

Personally, I expect the media to have more informative articles than observations that the most casual fan can muster. 

I had the same thought, especially because he didn't swing strongly one way or the other but just rode the fence.

Harrington's title has it all wrong.  It's not "what is Terry going to say to Tim"; it's "what is Tim going to say to Terry."   

Harrington is a clown.

Sorry for not being able to stay in the loop, but when is this Murray and Pegula meeting taking place?  Does anyone know for sure?  Is someone tracking Terry's plane?

It would be very buffalo like to go and fire the coach after everyone else has made their moves and hired the best guys away already. This move should have been made long ago, not after all the candidates have been picked through.....

And Murray should be shown the door as well, the problem is a combination of both a GM who likes to make it look like he K owe what he's doing by acting tough,and a coach who stumbled into a cup by being handed an all star roster.

It would be very buffalo like to go and fire the coach after everyone else has made their moves and hired the best guys away already. This move should have been made long ago, not after all the candidates have been picked through.....

And Murray should be shown the door as well, the problem is a combination of both a GM who likes to make it look like he K owe what he's doing by acting tough,and a coach who stumbled into a cup by being handed an all star roster.

Is it just Gallant and Hitch that are off the market right now compared to last week? I'm not sure there's a huge loss there. The Sabres may have their eye on a playoff team Assistant or other coach that's not available right now, but I wouldn't be the Housley on that.

Hamilton's take on Gorges, FWIW 

"the coaches use him as an example of giving everything you have, but that has gotten him mocked and ridiculed by a few younger teammates"

Gonna call bs on that. Really? Anyone really think they're mocking him for being a try hard, as if it's 'uncool' or some crap like that?

Edited by WildCard

Have Jack Eichel and Josh Gorges become the faces of our own personal Sabres Civil War?

Jack is Captain America, resolutely standing behind what he believes to be true, rebelling against those in power who would claim to have more experience with things Jack would intuitively seem to understand, and he doesn't want to be told what to do. Gorges is our Tony Stark, ready to submit to the control of the higher ups, because it better suits his personal interests.

What side are you on?

My view - Cap was right.

Edit - this is mostly satire. (But these two do seem to be representing the two opposing sides.)

Edited by Thorny

Have Jack Eichel and Josh Gorges become the faces of our own personal Sabres Civil War?

Jack is Captain America, irresolutely standing behind what he believes to be true, rebelling against those in power who would claim to have more experience with things Jack would intuitively seem to understand, and he doesn't want to be told what to do. Gorges is our Tony Stark, ready to submit to the control of the higher ups, because it better suits his personal interests.

What side are you on?

My view - Cap was right.

Edit - this is mostly satire. (But these two do seem to be representing the two opposing sides.)

Captain America is not irresolute.  Just the opposite.

Hamilton's take on Gorges, FWIW 

"the coaches use him as an example of giving everything you have, but that has gotten him mocked and ridiculed by a few younger teammates"

Gonna call bs on that. Really? Anyone really think they're mocking him for being a try hard, as if it's 'uncool' or some crap like that?

PHam's opinion maybe differs from the majority at times, but I doubt he'd misrepresent something he's been told or found on his own.  He's not a liar.  If he's put it out there, I believe that someone with access to the players has told him that it happened.

PHam's opinion maybe differs from the majority at times, but I doubt he'd misrepresent something he's been told or found on his own.  He's not a liar.  If he's put it out there, I believe that someone with access to the players has told him that it happened.

Or he heard it himself, which goes to what Harrington was talking about. I am guessing all the media members hear and see things they agree to not report on. Probably an informal agreement with the team. It sounds like they're done coddling some of these "kids." It could be a good thing. The team might even use the media at times to try and get a message across. I would bet even the least popular folks in the media, the Harringtons, the Gleasons, even the Hamiltons, want to see the team do well and consider themselves almost in a gatekeeper role. Interesting stuff, PA. Thanks. Welcome.