GDT Sabres at Tampa 4/9/17 5pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I'm done with the concept of Zemgus.

That 2012 draft really set us back, we had 2 mid first round draft picks Grigs and Gus.

Oh man was I excited at the time of getting grigorenko, always saw him as a 3C maybe 2C (when needed).  Now both might be lucky to still be in the NHL in 3 years.

but we still got McCabe, Ullmark and maybe Austin ( he seems servicable a bit), then again a lot of teams missed on that draft :p

If Lehner gets hurt next year, I don't want the season to be riding on the shoulders of either one of those guys. Peterson has zero experience, and Ullmark hasn't been tearing up the AHL.

I think Nilsson is a much better alternative at this point. 

Just my two cents. 

Ullmark hasn't been that bad for being shelled that much in the AHL I think.

That 2012 draft really set us back, we had 2 mid first round draft picks Grigs and Gus.

Oh man was I excited at the time of getting grigorenko, always saw him as a 3C maybe 2C (when needed).  Now both might be lucky to still be in the NHL in 3 years.

but we still got McCabe, Ullmark and maybe Austin ( he seems servicable a bit), then again a lot of teams missed on that draft :P

You could be right, I'm just going off of stats. I just like Nilsson, he's pretty consistent and very calm in net. 

but we still got McCabe, Ullmark and maybe Austin ( he seems servicable a bit), then again a lot of teams missed on that draft :P

Olli Maatta would have looked good in the blue and gold.

Olli Maatta would have looked good in the blue and gold.

In hindsight, a very weak draft: maatta, ceci, teravainen, vasilevsky, pearson those would have been it in the first round.

2nd round i'm only finding Brock McGin, 3rd ghost, Matt Murray and Andersen, parayko (damn what a steal) 4th round Slavin (another steal ).

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.