GDT Sabres at Tampa 4/9/17 5pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I like Carrier more than Larsson or Girgs in terms of potential contribution for next year. I really feel like Bylsma mis-used him. He's an agitator, forechecker, and can help with scoring. He seemed to bounce between 1st and 4th line with zero PK or PP time. Of course he had the injury too. But isn't it weird he saw so much time with ROR and Kane (I think) yet couldn't crack 9 minutes of ice time per night?

Anyway, I think if he could get comfortable on a 3rd line and get 12-13 minutes per game, maybe including some PK time where his speed would be useful, I think he's a solid contributor. 

Edited by Sakman

I like Carrier more than Larsson or Girgs in terms of potential contribution for next year. I really feel like Bylsma mis-used him. He's an agitator, forechecker, and can help with scoring. He seemed to bounce between 1st and 4th line with zero PK or PP time. Of course he had the injury too. But isn't it weird he saw so much time with ROR and Kane (I think) yet couldn't crack 9 minutes of ice time per night?

Anyway, I think if he could get comfortable on a 3rd line and get 12-13 minutes per game, maybe including some PK time where his speed would be useful, I think he's a solid contributor. 

Agree.

Did anyone catch Ray's comment last night during the Panthers game when he was talking about what a good guy and teammate Thronton was throughout his career. Then right after that he said "you know who else is a good guy and teammate.....Cody Franson. He's not playing tonight, but he is here watching and supporting his teammates". I took that as kind of strange because it was not long after Cody said he wanted to go back to Toronto. Was Rayzor taking a shot at Cody? Dunleavy had no response to the comment either. There was dead air for a few seconds after that.

But wouldn't it be so Buffalo for Ullmark to come up and impress McPhee with a 30 save shutout and then get plucked instead of Moulson, Bogo, Ennis, etc?

Well.....yeah Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.