Guhle to the rescue...

Sabre fan

Hate to put so much pressure on a young guy, but Guhle's number's sure are good and I truly think he may really help the defense next season...

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) - Many were hoping that Brendan Guhle would join the Sabres for their final two games, but Tim Murray decided it would be better for his development if he joined the Amerks for the second straight year.

When Guhle’s season ended last year, the 19-year-old played six games with Rochester netting a goal and three assists.

He showed he could play in the NHL during his emergency recall this season which lasted for three games.

During his junior season the speedy defenseman was traded to Prince George and had a great season. He had 13 goals and 16 assists for 29 points in 32 games with the Cougars. He added six assists in Prince George’s upset six-game playoff loss to Portland.

If you add in his Prince Albert numbers, Guhle played 47 games scoring 15 goals and 18 assists for 33 points.   

It’s expected that Guhle’s junior career is over and that he’ll make a huge push to make the Sabres next September.

are we signing this Antipin guy? anybody know what's goin on there? is he any good?

- he was useful last night. He is still playing atm, so can't be signed yet.

Ghule and Antipin would be a nice upgrade on our D. Trade something for someone like Fowler or another young guy and we might have a decent core with Risto, Someone, McCabe, Antipin, Ghule and then two more guys filling out the 7.

gotta throw in that Brady Austin, a kid who grew up not far from where I live and went to the same school in a small town as my sons and played his junior hockey in Bobcaygeon where my son played is looking very good as well as Guhle...if the Sabres were to add even one other D say Antipin then the D will look good for many years to come...Borden should be real good too

gotta throw in that Brady Austin, a kid who grew up not far from where I live and went to the same school in a small town as my sons and played his junior hockey in Bobcaygeon where my son played is looking very good as well as Guhle...if the Sabres were to add even one other D say Antipin then the D will look good for many years to come...Borden should be real good too

For next season GMTM is going to have to do more then bring in Guhle and Antipin for next season. With 3 games of NHL experience between the 2 players and GMTM's playoffs or bust pronouncement he can't afford the risk that one or both aren't ready to be full time NHLers. That doesn't necessarily mean he is going to acquire a big name, but he could go the depth route and sign or acquire 2 experienced vets as insurance. Personally, I think TM acquires a top tier player and at least one experienced vet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.