Edit Frozen Four coming to Buffalo in 2019

Brawndo

Last time Buffalo hosted, i was driving to college, listening to WNSA, i think Jim Brinson show, and you couldve heard the bands in the background and he was saying what a great event this was and tickets were still available. I texted, while driving, a buddy of mine, who was also going to the same college, if we should skip and go. Surely enough, we met at a parking lot at school, he hopped into my car and we went to see Michigan vs. Minnesota. Was an awesome time and glad i did.

I can't wait for this event and attend it, under much better circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Canisius and Niagara co-hosting, it looks like.

And Canisius hosting NCAA basketball again in 2022.

Any thoughts on if the additional hotels & infrastructure that have been going up will eventually get Buffalo a Sweet 16/ Round of 8 or is it doomed to 1st 2 rounds in perpetuity?

Any thoughts on if the additional hotels & infrastructure that have been going up will eventually get Buffalo a Sweet 16/ Round of 8 or is it doomed to 1st 2 rounds in perpetuity?

Not sure that infrastructure is the issue, really.  Omaha is hosting a Sweet 16 / Round of 8 next year.  I can't imagine that greater Omaha (if that's a thing) has significantly more beds than Buffalo / Niagara.  

It may be the relative lack of interest in college sports around here that limits us to the first weekend.  Locals didn't exactly pack the place this year.  I, for one, don't care; I think the first weekend is the most exciting part of the tournament.  I tend not to watch the later rounds.

It's finically advantageous to host the first two rounds, more games played, more teams here increasing the number of out of town visitors.

There are more games played, but schools like Wisconsin and Notre Dame didn't travel here nearly as well as I thought they would.  But still a very good point on the number of games.

It's finically advantageous to host the first two rounds, more games played, more teams here increasing the number of out of town visitors.

How do you figure?

The 1st time they were in Buffalo, (haven't been back for the other 2) they hosted 4 1st round games & 2 2nd round games. Did they host more this last time?

If not, they're hosting the exact same # of games but w/ less media spotlight. (CBS & the rest have to send their crews out to more venues early in the tourney.)

How do you figure?

The 1st time they were in Buffalo, (haven't been back for the other 2) they hosted 4 1st round games & 2 2nd round games. Did they host more this last time?

If not, they're hosting the exact same # of games but w/ less media spotlight. (CBS & the rest have to send their crews out to more venues early in the tourney.)

A city hosting the second weekend has 3 games, not 6.  Two games in the round of 16 and one game in the round of 8.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.