GDT Toronto at Buffalo 4/3/17 7 PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

Hard to argue that. I'd love to keep him here though

I think Girgs has reached his peak.  He's never going to be a 20 goal scorer.  I see him interchangeable with Marcus.  However, Marcus can fight which adds a dimension.  Girgs is JAG.  I want him to be more, but he's JAG.

I think Girgs has reached his peak.  He's never going to be a 20 goal scorer.  I see him interchangeable with Marcus.  However, Marcus can fight which adds a dimension.  Girgs is JAG.  I want him to be more, but he's JAG.

Oh he's definitely at his peak. True's written about it a few times, but it boils down to just that. Girgs is exactly what he is, and he's very consistent at it. That's not a bad thing at all IMO. He can be a very solid and versatile 3rd / 4th liner for me, playing pk and maybe jumping onto the 2nd when injuries arise. He's cheap and young too.

Oh he's definitely at his peak. True's written about it a few times, but it boils down to just that. Girgs is exactly what he is, and he's very consistent at it. That's not a bad thing at all IMO. He can be a very solid and versatile 3rd / 4th liner for me, playing pk and maybe jumping onto the 2nd when injuries arise. He's cheap and young too.

I hope so.  You may be right and we have him playing above his role due to necessity.  But with Larsson returning next year, we have too many 3rd/4th line players.  If we can flip Girgs into a package that get us a D-Man, I pull the trigger (fast).

Edited by Tondas

He seemed a little more dreary than normal. Was struggling with a lot of his answers, more than he usually does. A real coach would have the answers and not have to hesitate so freaking much.

Yeah. He definitely seemed a broken man there. Almost felt bad for him. I wish him luck in his next endeavor.

Alex Nylander made a few nice turns on the boards to shake guys, and could stickhandle better than plenty of guys on the big club. His foot speed and slight frame were also evident. I don't think he had a bad game at all, and I think he can be a nice NHL player with devoted development time. I could see some IQ, and I could see that he was playing in the fastest environment of his life, for the first time it was a little too much for him. All in all, a solid debut. 

Apparently the NHL Network telecast claimed there is friction between Jack and Sam? Anyone else hear that?

It's Romanuk. He called Reinhart Carrier or Girgensons or something today. He can't talk. I think he meant tension between those guys and the coach. 

Also, it was great to hear him rave about how Matthews has shut down Jack this year. 7 points in 4 games against the Leafs, predominantly facing Matthews - damn, Jack must be Gretzky-tier if that is shutting him down. 

Even in this game, there was a point where the shots were like 30-10 and yet we were outshooting them 8-6 while Auston was on. 

Narratives tho

So, the Sabres dropped the season series 3 losses to 2 wins against the Leafs?   

How did the Leafs get so clearly ahead of the Sabres so quickly?   They have 93 pts and a .500 record with 4 games to play.   The Sabres are now in a tie with Detroit for the BOTTOM of the Atlantic.... again... with only 76 pts and 3 games left!  And are 15 games BELOW 0.500!  

Weren't we supposed to be ahead of them, and they had more pain and suffering ahead while we were on the fast track to playoff contention?

3rd season with Tim Murray at the helm (supposedly) and the team may have fewer points this season than last.    This is really looking like a failed rebuild to me.   Does Murray even care, what with his big contract now?   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.