I Want Iginla...and other thoughts

Sabre fan

After watching highlights of the LA - Calgary game last night and seeing Iginla lead the team and even beat up Calgary's tough guy, I think he would be a great leader and addition to the Sabres next year. My does he play a great game! Tough, good hands and still has the fire to win! meanwhile that Tkachuk is really annoying and shows absolutely no respect for players who probably deserve to have that. Mind you, I do think Doughy needs to stand up for himself at some point (which he didn't last night). Either way, I just love the passion and fire Iginla brings to the table EVERY NIGHT which is exactly what the Sabres need! Eleven career Gordie Howe hat tricks is simply amazing! Also I must note that slashing is the new big thing apparently...TSN showed how Minnesota slashed Calgary's Gaudreau like 20 times and again last night LA hacked away at him. Eichel gets his share of slashes too and it is something the NHL needs to stop all that crap (like Cindy's that cut that guys finger in two)...I guess Tkachuk is like those type of players whereby you love them when they play for your team bu hate him when they are on the other team (like Boston's Marchant)

Edited by Sabre fan

Its like someone mentioned when the Crosby slash went unpunished. They'll penalize when you break a stick but let it go when you hit the body. I'm sure coaches are saying for gods sake just don't hit the stick. Its absolutely bush league but it is the N.H.L. so it is what it is. I doubt they'll ever get it right.

Its like someone mentioned when the Crosby slash went unpunished. They'll penalize when you break a stick but let it go when you hit the body. I'm sure coaches are saying for gods sake just don't hit the stick. Its absolutely bush league but it is the N.H.L. so it is what it is. I doubt they'll ever get it right.

Kings-Flames was a fun game last night -- until the Kings blew it open in the third. Good animosity, the refs trying to keep it under control. But...  the amount of slashes was ridiculous. That's the one thing the refs didn't call, and if they had called slashes -- no one would have been left on the ice (or there would have been endless 4-on-4 fun). I don't want to lose our top guys for 4 weeks each season while they return from broken hands and fingers.

Also, Iginla looked good last night. He's got no wheels left -- but he would be a nice addition for positioning and boards, 2nd power play, some tenacity. Basically, if you were set on pairing Foligno and Eichel together, then Iginla would be an upgrade. Or if he could take Moulson's place.

I'd take Iginla on a 1 year deal if he takes a further pay cut from the $2.75 million he earned this season. He's only on pace for something like 28 points over a full season so expect that to decline further. The good thing about signing him would mean DB is gone since he was the guy who said DB's system is the most complicated he's ever played in. No chance he'd sign here if DB remains coach.

Was that a trade rumor back in the day?

More than just a rumor. If the Rigases weren't hiding their undercapitalization, the trade would've happened. (Of course, if they weren't hiding their undercapitalization, they'd've paid Peca & he never would've been on the block. So, on that level, it wouldn't even had been a rumor.)

More than just a rumor. If the Rigases weren't hiding their undercapitalization, the trade would've happened. (Of course, if they weren't hiding their undercapitalization, they'd've paid Peca & he never would've been on the block. So, on that level, it wouldn't even had been a rumor.)

Interesting. I admit that my age prevents me from being privy to a lot of the little stuff from that era. Who were we giving up for Iginla in the rumors? 

What were the Sabres sending back in that rumor?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.