Who is the Worst Member of the Buffalo Media?

WildCard

Pick Your Worst  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Worst?

• Paul Hamilton
    • Mike Harrington
    • Schopp
    • Bulldog
    • Jerry Sullivan
    • Bucky

No, but 5 of those bad moves do.

10 makes for a bad team for a long time.

Falling in love with your own players and over paying them is not good.

I would not have paid Gillislee the $4 million, but I'd have absolutely offered the 2nd round tender. Part of this is I don't trust McCoy to be fully healthy--I expect a tweaked hamstring to limit him for a couple of games. And with how reliant we are on the run game, I think it makes some sense to have a higher tier backup.

I would not have paid Gillislee the $4 million, but I'd have absolutely offered the 2nd round tender. Part of this is I don't trust McCoy to be fully healthy--I expect a tweaked hamstring to limit him for a couple of games. And with how reliant we are on the run game, I think it makes some sense to have a higher tier backup.

And you are the complete opposite model from the Pats.

Over spending on money and picks for running backs to hopefully accomplish a wildcard spot.

Welcome to groundhog day for the rest of the AFC East teams not in N.E. that have gone this route.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This is where I'm at as well. 

My earlier point is that the 5th round tender and not matching is not a terrible move at face value, like say giving up a 1st and 4th to move up a few slots to draft Watkins or giving McCoy a massive extension when he is already under contract, but it's not the play I'd have made. 2nd round tender at $2M and no offer sheet comes in. 

Edited by Sakman

And you are the complete opposite model from the Pats.

Over spending on money and picks for running backs to hopefully accomplish a wildcard spot.

Welcome to groundhog day for the rest of the AFC East teams not in N.E. that have gone this route.

Au contraire! I'd not have spent on bringing in Mike Tolbert, as the Bills did. Use that money on the 2nd round tender to Gillislee. I'd have franchised Gilmore, let Taylor walk, and taken a QB at 10. Hell, even with Taylor here, I'm still all-in on a QB at 10. I just don't think 900k difference is some sort of inefficient investment in RB depth when you're so dependent upon production from that position.

Ending the drought for the sake of ending doesn't do much for me if we're likely to just bow out in round 1. "We can't take a QB because we need an impact player for this season" is just whatever. Get the QB, join the modern NFL.

Au contraire! I'd not have spent on bringing in Mike Tolbert, as the Bills did. Use that money on the 2nd round tender to Gillislee. I'd have franchised Gilmore, let Taylor walk, and taken a QB at 10. Hell, even with Taylor here, I'm still all-in on a QB at 10. I just don't think 900k difference is some sort of inefficient investment in RB depth when you're so dependent upon production from that position.

Ending the drought for the sake of ending doesn't do much for me if we're likely to just bow out in round 1. "We can't take a QB because we need an impact player for this season" is just whatever. Get the QB, join the modern NFL.

This QB class isn't great. Drafting a QB in the 1st just to draft a QB is how we got EJ freaking Manuel. We need to start drafting a QB every year, but it doesn't have to be in the 1st unless there is one there that is worth it. There could be this year but it isn't a "WE HAVE TO TAKE A QB AT 10!!!!!!!!!!!" type of thing. 

This QB class isn't great. Drafting a QB in the 1st just to draft a QB is how we got EJ freaking Manuel. We need to start drafting a QB every year, but it doesn't have to be in the 1st unless there is one there that is worth it. There could be this year but it isn't a "WE HAVE TO TAKE A QB AT 10!!!!!!!!!!!" type of thing.

I legitimately like this QB class.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I legimitely like this QB class.

That's fine. I didn't mean to imply there was nothing to like, just that it isn't a great class, it is mediocre and lacks depth for sure. It really depends on which QB you like and who is there at 10. So which QB do you like?

That's fine. I didn't mean to imply there was nothing to like, just that it isn't a great class, it is mediocre and lacks depth for sure. It really depends on which QB you like and who is there at 10. So which QB do you like?

Kizer. I'd put Mahomes > Watson > Trubisky as the next three. Happy with any of the four at 10. There's no surefire superstar, but I think each has a lot to like and a couple have the potential to hit it big. This is a better class than last year when guys went 1-2.

I want to nominate Bill Hoppe.  I used to follow him on twitter, but he was so political I had to drop him.  If you a hockey writer tweet most about hockey news, I don't give a sh.... about you politics.

It might work out better if you follow https://twitter.com/OleanTHsportsinstead of the person's personal account. That being said, I just scrolled through his feed and it looked at least 95% hockey.

Correction. Bill doesn't retweet political posts, he "likes" them and they show up on your feed anyway. https://twitter.com/markagee/status/855892132904685569

Is an example of a liked tweet.

Maybe, I did have the right account, but all his political likes kept showing in my feed. Interesting. Once you unfollow someone, all their posts and likes disappear from you feed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.