Risto has hearing for his hit

spndnchz

So I suggeest everyone write and complain to customer support at NHL because Risto gets 3 and Cindy gets none... customersupport@web.nhl.com

What a bunch of crap.

Because he made a poor choice to lead with his back, and thus didn't allow himself to be in a position to stop, it's all Risto's fault.

3 games

3 games with no hx pulease and nothing for Cindy... BS

Anyone wasting more than 4 brain cells on trying to figure out the NHL's disciplinary system needs their head checked. I know these truths:

1) The NHL always punishes for results rather than intent. T-Rexes wish they had this kind of insight.

2) Whatever you think is going to happen, forget it.

3) Buffalo is gonna get hosed. It's just a rule of life.

So I suggeest everyone write and complain to customer support at NHL because Risto gets 3 and Cindy gets none... customersupport@web.nhl.com

Do something more powerful and stop watching or attending games. I checked out weeks ago. I've actually fast forwarded through just about every win and not bothered to watch the losses. The NHL is a clown show and doesn't deserve my time or money.

I'd have a lot less issue with three games if Tkachuk didn't get two.

Logic and reason have no place within a million miles of the NHL offices. Bozos. No idea how to market the game, govern the player conduct or best of all, make it a watchable product. They fail at each of these every step of the way. They make money in spite of themselves.

While other leagues are increasing scoring and highlighting individual stars, the NHL bogs down play, and turns in into a random game of chance whose best teams hold onto the puck more and bounce it off of more shins to win games. Clown show. One would think they are trying to kill the sport.

Edited by inkman

DoPS video for Risto's play...

https://www.nhl.com/video/ristolainen-suspended-three-games/t-277440360/c-50688303

...I still don't get why the punishment was more severe than the Manning play.

Thanks for posting the video.  I watched it for the first time just now and then once again.

I think the NHL let Risto off easy.  If it were up to me he would have been suspended for the rest of the season.

DoPS video for Risto's play...

https://www.nhl.com/video/ristolainen-suspended-three-games/t-277440360/c-50688303

...I still don't get why the punishment was more severe than the Manning play.

As much flak as the NHL takes for being a garage league, which it is most of the time, these videos are very well done. This one makes a strong case for the three games. "Substantial head contact," which I hadn't really appreciated in other videos, seems to the kicker here. Also, as chz said, the league feels he had time to let up.

Logic and reason have no place within a million miles of the NHL offices. Bozos. No idea how to market the game, govern the player conduct or best of all, make it a watchable product. They fail at each of these every step of the way. They make money in spite of themselves.

While other leagues are increasing scoring and highlighting individual stars, the NHL bogs down play, and turns in into a random game of chance whose best teams hold onto the puck more and bounce it off of more shins to win games. Clown show. One would think they are trying to kill the sport.

Can't say I disagree with any of that. 

Thanks for posting the video.  I watched it for the first time just now and then once again.

I think the NHL let Risto off easy.  If it were up to me he would have been suspended for the rest of the season.

I would have no issue with that, if the DoPS showed some consistency.   If the puck would have reached Guentzel I doubt anything would have been called.

But its always the same teams and players that get of easy.

yes but then it bounced off ice which is where injury actuaaly ocurred. Whatch tail end after hit. Again nhl sees what it wants too. Not a surprise... Neal got nothing for hit on Drury all BS

There was blood on his visor. I assume that happened when his head was compressed against Risto's back.

Edit: Upon further review, I do see that the Pen twisted in midair and landed face-first. Not sure if matters. Risto was still responsible for any injury.

Edited by PASabreFan

There was blood on his visor. I assume that happened when his head was compressed against Risto's back.

Edit: Upon further review, I do see that the Pen twisted in midair and landed face-first. Not sure if matters. Risto was still responsible for any injury.

Yeh that is what i saw, agree it doesnt matter... on other thread but pos Crosby slashed Methot's finger/ hand... broken probably but nothing for Crosby. Methot out of game Edited by North Buffalo

Yeah, & Toothy is responsible for Cal O'Reilly never getting to become an uncle. By the standard held against Ristolainen, ol' 87 should be gone for life.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.