Sabres sign Michigan Senior Alex Kile for the Amerks

GASabresIUFAN

http://www.amerks.com/article/AMERKS%20SIGN%20ALEX%20KILE%20TO%20AHL%20CONTRACT%20FOR%202017-18%20SEASON

He had a couple of good seasons with Michigan. I don't think he is another ERod, but who knows.

Why are some players drafted and others signed as college free agents? Seeing what ERod is turning into I can't believe no other team thought he was worth a draft pick.

Why are some players drafted and others signed as college free agents? Seeing what ERod is turning into I can't believe no other team thought he was worth a draft pick.

Rodrigues was kind of a middling player.

Then he got plunked on Eichels wing and bagged 61 points in an ncaa season and got to develop a little bit next to elite talent.

Eligibility: Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft. Any non-North American player can be drafted at any age if they are at least 18 by September 15. If a player is 18, they must declare themselves eligible, but if a player turns 19 by September 15th, they are automatically eligible for selection in the draft.

Signability: If a player is not drafted by age of 20, that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent. A team has the rights of an NCAA player until 30 days after the player leaves the college. If a player is drafted a second time, they can not reenter the draft. If a player has entered the draft twice and not been selected, they then become free agents regardless of age. A non-North American player can not be signed unless they are drafted first.

Eligibility: Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft. Any non-North American player can be drafted at any age if they are at least 18 by September 15. If a player is 18, they must declare themselves eligible, but if a player turns 19 by September 15th, they are automatically eligible for selection in the draft.

Signability: If a player is not drafted by age of 20, that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent. A team has the rights of an NCAA player until 30 days after the player leaves the college. If a player is drafted a second time, they can not reenter the draft. If a player has entered the draft twice and not been selected, they then become free agents regardless of age. A non-North American player can not be signed unless they are drafted first.

That's interesting. Does it mean that some late-bloomer playing for (say,) MODO in the SHL can never play in the NHL if suddenly at 22 it clicks and he becomes unstoppable?

So you're telling me I still have a chance at being drafted?

That's interesting. Does it mean that some late-bloomer playing for (say,) MODO in the SHL can never play in the NHL if suddenly at 22 it clicks and he becomes unstoppable?

I am confused, too. Somebody explain the Panarin situation for me. I thought he was undrafted and just signed with the Blackhawks.

I am confused, too. Somebody explain the Panarin situation for me. I thought he was undrafted and just signed with the Blackhawks.

Or that French guy that plays for the Flyers, Bellemare. Signed into the NHL at 29, I can't believe he was drafted.

Full Language of the CBA:

8.9 Eligibility for Play in the League.

No Player shall be eligible for play in the League
unless he:
(a) had been claimed in the last Entry Draft, or was ineligible for claim under Section 8.4; or
(b) had been eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft, but was unclaimed, and:

(i) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was age 20 or
older at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was
signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry
Draft and commencement of the next NHL Season.
(ii) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was under age
20 at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed
and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft
and commencement of the Major Juniors season (except that if such
Player had signed an NHL try-out form, which was signed and registered
with the League during the aforesaid time period, then the deadline for
signing and registering with the League an SPC with such try-out Club
shall be the commencement of the NHL Season).
(iii) had played hockey outside of North America in the prior season and was
age 22 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which
was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the
Entry Draft and the commencement of the next NHL Season.

(iv) The words "eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft" in subparagraph (b)
above mean "eligible for claim in all rounds of the last Entry Draft." The
words "the prior season" in subparagraph (i), (ii) and (iii) above mean "a

full season prior to the last Entry Draft

Edited by Sabres79

There is something absolutely poison about the Amerks. Their lineup this year on paper was good. They just sucked on ice.

They're playing the same system we are!

System! So, you have a twin system. Your feelings have now betrayed the Amerks, too. Disco-Dan was wise to hide it from us. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps the Amerks will...

They're playing the same system we are!

System! So, you have a twin system. Your feelings have now betrayed the Amerks, too. Disco-Dan was wise to hide it from us. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps the Amerks will...

But all systems are pretty much the same!  Right?!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.