GDT: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Buffalo Sabres 6PM at KBC on NBCSN

jsb

Haven't watched any of the game until now, are the five goals against to be blamed on playing your goalie back to back or has the defense sucked?

Sadly, every time Eichel was on the ice in the defensive zone he was taken to task by Toews or Kane.

We looked exhausted against a very good, rested team.

Disappointing, but not all too surprising. NBC ran the note: we played 12 in 18. Chicago had a 5 day break and then was rusty last night. But they had their legs and pressured us endlessly and controlled the puck.

Haven't watched any of the game until now, are the five goals against to be blamed on playing your goalie back to back or has the defense sucked?

I'm starting to think that the 10 per cent drop in SVP people were mentioning might have more to do with the tired team in front of them.

Some pretty wide open chances.

Sadly, every time Eichel was on the ice in the defensive zone he was taken to task by Toews or Kane.

Disappointing, but not all too surprising. NBC ran the note: we played 12 in 18. Chicago had a 5 day break and then was rusty last night. But they had their legs and pressured us endlessly and controlled the puck.

timing is everything

rest up guys.  next 2 on the road next weekend.  Need fresh legs and hunger to win.  

We got the split for the weekend. Let's kick our feet up, throw down a few IPAs, and get ready for the end-of-season push.

and an infusion of some new talent.   Trade season is coming up.

rest up guys. next 2 on the road next weekend. Need fresh legs and hunger to win.

and an infusion of some new talent. Trade season is coming up.

This is the question! Are Gorges, Franson, Gionta still with us or have they been rented? Force Moulson or Ennis moved on? Are our kids Bailey, Rodrigues, Baptiste replaced by vets for an immediate push (I hope not; I hope we play the long game). Is it too soon and does Gmtm wait for the deadline proper? Questions abound.

D sucked out loud. Plus Hawks are great.

Everyone is shot.

I'm starting to think that the 10 per cent drop in SVP people were mentioning might have more to do with the tired team in front of them.

Some pretty wide open chances.

Thanks

Last night the Oilers hit the Hawks constantly. Panarin and Kane were looking for the next one. What I hate is when we give those players so much deference. Hit em. But I think the Hawks found their legs and we didn't have any left.

I'm not reading into this one much. A very well-rested, elite team coming into town for the second game in two days and ninth in fourteen. 

Watch every Chicago player and where they go. Whoever has the puck generally has at least two open players in support at any given time. They know where to go, on and off the puck, from the first line to the fourth. It's incredible and we should be taking notes and building our team with that product as our ultimate end goal. 

Lehner is far from being the reason they lost. But he allowed five goals in a second game of a back to back, and now has lost all three times that we've done this, being chased in the second period of one of those games, allowing at least four in all three. He's shown that not only does he not deviate positively from the stats suggesting you should never start a goalie two nights in a row, but that he performs worse than average when put in that situation. I don't have the stats on hand at the moment, but the GAA was below 4, and the save percentage was above Robin's 85%. Dan really, really needs to stop doing that. Especially after Lehner just finished a stretch of like 240 shots in 12 days.

Jack is gonna be a superstar. He made Toews look like an idiot once early, but was taken to school a couple of times later. He'll learn. 

Josh Gorges, man. IMO the only worse defenseman we've dressed this season is Bergdorfer. I truly believe we'd be better if 41 or 38 were in his place. He has no business being anywhere near the ice anymore. Chris Kelly and Chris Stewart are the only NHL players that have played 500 minutes and sport worse possession stats.

Each of our recent wins has shown sub-50 CF%, even Colorado game. We still need to learn to play with the puck. So much sloppiness/no support followed by a giveaway/dump in and then two minutes of defense, no matter who we play. 

But we look like a different team, that's growing and taking positive steps.

If Zemgus/Samson/Carrier come back, and Baptiste/Rodrigues/Bailey sit down while Grant, Moulson, Ennis, and Deslauriers still play, I may check out on the season, because the Sabres would be as well. Their speed and skill minus their rookie mistakes still gives us far more than any of those guys do. This team is better for having them here.

It's about ###### time we get some rest. Get healthy, and get ready for a push, boys. And Sabrespace, let's have a fantastic time with the run we're about to go on. 

The lineup I hope to see when we come back:
Bailey - ROR - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Girgensons - Gionta 

Carrier - Rodrigues - Baptiste 

That fourth line can get 8-10 protected minutes per game and cause some damage. And hopefully Gio looks refreshed after the break, he's been pretty beat lately.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Should I bother asking why? Or just go with my age old saying "Hell hath no fury like a Buffalo fan scorned"

I think Promo was right. They weren't booing. They were souping and most likely Chicago fans.

I think Jack getting pwned tonight actually bodes well for us. He's got five days to stew over this and up to now, he has responded every time he has been faced with "motivation".

I still think we make the playoffs.

If Zemgus/Samson/Carrier come back, and Baptiste/Rodrigues/Bailey sit down while Grant, Moulson, Ennis, and Deslauriers still play, I may check out on the season, because the Sabres would be as well. Their speed and skill minus their rookie mistakes still gives us far more than any of those guys do. This team is better for having them here.

t lately.

Can we have our cake and eat it too? Be sellers and chase a playoff spot?

I'm perfectly fine rolling E Rod, Baptiste, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching, Falk, Fedun, instead of Ennis, Moulson, Gionta* Grant, Deslauriers, Franson Gorges, Kulikov down the stretch.

It's not like I hate the other guys, but they aren't part of where this team is going and if we get one promising defenceman back, then Gionta is the only one we'll really miss.

Sign Borgen and Florentino to fill the depth holes on D. Call up Guhle when his team is done.

Time to pass the torch.

What happened to Ennis?  Is he done?

Sure looks like it. He's had enough time to get his legs back.

Without that elite quickness he ain't got much else to offer.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.