Enough of Brady and the Hoodie, Time to Root for the Falcons

GASabresIUFAN

Again, Super Bowls aren't the measure of QB greatness. Dan Marino has 0, and he is definitely top 10 all time. Hell, even this Super Bowl, Brady needed the #1 defense in the league at his back to eke out a win.

Dude, whatever floats your boat. 5 Super Bowl wins. An incredible comeback. And #1 defense? What have you been watching? Pats D' throughout the season has been mediocre.

You serious?

100%. Statistically, it's not even close. The only thing Brady had on Manning is championships, which are a team accomplishment. I'm perfectly willing to entertain the idea that the Brady-Belichick Patriots are the greatest team of all time. But individual player? Nah. Peyton's the best.

Umm, no

I do not believe in crediting individual players for team accomplishments.

The responses to this show how ###### stupid Buffalo Fans can be.

All fans are stupid. Jack needs to know better in this situation. I don't think he understands the hate. I want all of New England to die. Fall into the ocean, get the plague, nuclear bomb. He can't nonchalantly pimp Brady. If he just congratulated the Pats, the backlash would be 100 times less.

100%. Statistically, it's not even close. The only thing Brady had on Manning is championships, which are a team accomplishment. I'm perfectly willing to entertain the idea that the Brady-Belichick Patriots are the greatest team of all time. But individual player? Nah. Peyton's the best.

Um,... yeah. You're wrong.

Hard to play the stats game when it's a different league now. If we're taking that route, just talent, it's probably Marino

Hard to play the stats game when it's a different league now. If we're taking that route, just talent, it's probably Marino

I think Marino is criminally underappreciated in these conversations.

Edit: While it's hard to play a stats game historically due to changes in the game, Brady and Manning played during the same era, so comparing them on stats is absolutely fair.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Who the ###### cares about the greatest QB of all time? I'll tell you one thing. It will never be a Buffalo Bill.

This.

A lot.

That catch by Edledouche, though. Boy, that was somethin'.

Edited by SwampD

All fans are stupid. Jack needs to know better in this situation. I don't think he understands the hate. I want all of New England to die. Fall into the ocean, get the plague, nuclear bomb. He can't nonchalantly pimp Brady. If he just congratulated the Pats, the backlash would be 100 times less.

Brady was his childhood hero growing up, he loves what he has done for the City of Boston and how it reveres Brady. I told him if he won one championship in Buffalo that the city would feel the same way about him. He gave me a sly grin in response. Brady has been

the one consistency on the field for the Pats for the past 15 years. He is cheering for his hometown team and his hero.

If he tweeted it after one of the one of the many wins the Pats had over the Bills, Buffalo Twitter would have a beef with him. It's not his fault that the Bills have sucked so long and he does cheer for the Bills when they are not playing his beloved Pats.

And I maybe crazy, but I actually have an admiration for New England and their dominance and I'm falsely hoping Buffalo has a quarter of their success someday

Without Brady the Patriots are not the dynasty they are now. Without Manning the Colts are the Bills. If you look at the teams which dominate the NFL they all have one thing in common, an elite QB. So while winning is a team accomplishment, QB is the most important position on the team. The one constant on the Pats on the field since 2001 has been Brady and his 24-9 record in the playoffs. He has Five SuperBowl Championships and has been the MVP in four of those. That makes him the dominant player in the history of the game.

Yes Manning does have better individual stats, but he also played six games a year against the AFC South, which is a tire fire most seasons and he did have the advantage of playing in a dome for a large majority of his career.

And Marino was a phenomenal QB and a lot of fun to watch, interestingly the Bills did seem to have his number from 1987 to 1995 though.

How ink felt last night is the reason I didn't watch football this past season. I was so sick of just knowing that the pats were always going to win and the bills were never going to do anything. I took the year off and completely stopped being an absolute psycho on Sundays. No more screaming at the TV, no more throwing , no more having to go for a walk to avoid yelling at anyone in my house.

Thank god it's baseball season in 8 days!

Terry Bradshaw has 4 Super Bowls, and I wouldn't put him in the top 10.  Super Bowls are not an argument for greatest ever.

There have been 16 Super Bowls during his time as a starter.  Brady has been to 7 of them.  A stat I'm not sure will ever be matched. And it's not like he has had one set of key teammates.  Like a Kelly, Thomas and Reed trio.  Brady takes those around him and elevates their game. The Super Bowl stat can most definitely be used as a reason why he is the best QB to ever play.

Remember when the Bills used to beat the Patriots on a regular basis?  Sort of how the Sabres used to beat the Leafs all the time?  Now the Patriots are arguably the gold-bar for football dynasties -  the Bills OTOH double down on Ryans, and have quintessential meddling, incompetent owners.  

Obviously, Belichick outcoached the blazes out of the Falcons' Dan Quinn. Halftime adjustments on defense, halftime adjustments on offense.  Blowing a 25 point lead in the 2nd half - astonishing level of fail!  The Falcons just replaced the Bills as the new Superbowl joke team - Bills for the 20th century, the Falcons for the 21st Century.  

Dude, whatever floats your boat. 5 Super Bowl wins. An incredible comeback. And #1 defense? What have you been watching? Pats D' throughout the season has been mediocre.

If allowing the fewest points in the NFL by a decent margin is mediocre, sign the Bills up for some of that, please.

How about this comparison:  Colts for a year without Manning: 2-14.  Patriots for a year without Brady: 11-5.

You just can't look at stats or the number of championships, you have to look at the whole picture. Even statistically, the numbers he put up this year (his 17th) are crazy. As hard as it is to admit as a Bills fan, I'd say Brady is the best QB to ever play the game. Given the choice of any QB in their prime for one season, I think I'd have to choose Brady.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.