The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

This move was almost a disaster - I almost had to spend 2 nights in North Carolina. 

Should be able to get to sleep at a normal time tonight in my apartment in Oklahoma.

Phew.

Things you now have going for you:  cheap gas, QuikTrip, Whataburger, the best barbecue in the US.

Things you now have going against you:  3.2 beer, no good ethnic food.

Things you now have going for you: cheap gas, QuikTrip, Whataburger, the best barbecue in the US.

Things you now have going against you: 3.2 beer, no good ethnic food.

You mean to tell me that there are no Olive Gardens in Oklahoma?

I just had to leave one of my favorite spots because that slime Chris Collins walked in.  At the time, I was having a wonderful conversation with the bartender and two grad students / waitresses, one of whom happens to be my girlfriend.

Collins:  "I was sitting next to Reince Priebus when he got the call that he was fired."  Me:  Looks over.  Sees slime.  Shakes head, bartender looks at me, I mouth " that guy" and then whisper that there's no way the story is true.

Please note:  I LOVED Collins as a county exec.  Really did. I even loved the "red budget."  We needed that, and I credit that for a lot of our recent successes.  I note his promise that he'd never be a career politician (and it's always ok to change one's mind), but he's a great executive and a poor legislator.  He is Wormtail to Trump's Voldemort.

Eleven, I read SPOTS as "sports" and I read CHRIS COLLINS as "Chris Collinsworth"

....I'm fu**ing dumb!

I think I would have had the same reaction had it been Collinsworth.  He's not offensive; he's just a drip.

I just had to leave one of my favorite spots because that slime Chris Collins walked in.  At the time, I was having a wonderful conversation with the bartender and two grad students / waitresses, one of whom happens to be my girlfriend.

Collins:  "I was sitting next to Reince Priebus when he got the call that he was fired."  Me:  Looks over.  Sees slime.  Shakes head, bartender looks at me, I mouth "###### that guy" and then whisper that there's no way the story is true.

Please note:  I LOVED Collins as a county exec.  Really did. I even loved the "red budget."  We needed that, and I credit that for a lot of our recent successes.  I note his promise that he'd never be a career politician (and it's always ok to change one's mind), but he's a great executive and a poor legislator.  He is Wormtail to Trump's Voldemort.

What is it about him that screams slimeball?  I can't put my finger on it, but he just has a look about him that screams to me, "do not trust this man".

Maybe it is the reptilian eyes or something.

What is it about him that screams slimeball?  I can't put my finger on it, but he just has a look about him that screams to me, "do not trust this man".

I can't count the number of times that I've shook his hand and immediately headed to the bathroom for the soap and water.  Again, like I said, a good, maybe even great, county exec.

To Trump's Saruman you non-nerd ######

Hey, Scott, the video link thing is broken.

Edited by SDS

I can't count the number of times that I've shook his hand and immediately headed to the bathroom for the soap and water. Again, like I said, a good, maybe even great, county exec.

Hey, Scott, the video link thing is broken.

I haven't verified but my quick answer is that you need to make sure videos are now HTTPS links because videos won't be served from a non-secure server. But maybe we had issues before that it had to be http? I don't recall.

Yep, that's the one.  Still doesn't appear inline.  Do I need to clear cache?

Scott, don't kill me, but I did clear cache, and no vid.  Just a hell of a lot of blank spaces on our posts.  Mac / Safari.

Eh. I know. There is an issue with the way the board is parsing the URL. It is requesting http instead of https and the browsers are blocking it. I'm trying to look for the code, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Which makes it difficult.

Well, that's a few hours I'd like to do over. Fixed, but damn I'm an idiot.

Thanks for all you do around here to ensure we have a fun place to relax and escape from reality from time to time.

Now I will need to find time to edit all my video posts to add the 's' ...  ;)  :P

Thanks for all you do around here to ensure we have a fun place to relax and escape from reality from time to time.

Now I will need to find time to edit all my video posts to add the 's' ...  ;)  :P

That will only work if you toggle the bbcode button in the toolbar because the link that needs adjusting is hidden when bbcode is enabled.

I will probably end up doing a search and replace in the database to fix this.

That will only work if you toggle the bbcode button in the toolbar because the link that needs adjusting is hidden when bbcode is enabled.

I will probably end up doing a search and replace in the database to fix this.

I could simply edit the post and add the 's' and it worked.  Not sure if that is what you are saying in your first line above ...  :unsure:

And, I was just joking about having to fix all the videos.  No worries.  Besides, every one here knows that I mostly post Clash videos ...  :thumbsup:

What is it about him that screams slimeball? I can't put my finger on it, but he just has a look about him that screams to me, "do not trust this man".

Talk to someone who has worked for him, either in government or in and of the businesses he "saved". You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't hate him.

I could simply edit the post and add the 's' and it worked.  Not sure if that is what you are saying in your first line above ...  :unsure:

And, I was just joking about having to fix all the videos.  No worries.  Besides, every one here knows that I mostly post Clash videos ...  :thumbsup:

sweet. glad it worked.

My wife and I are downsizing with the hopes of moving out to the coast and having to move as little as possible.

Anybody want a vintage 1980 'simili bois' computer desk, printer cabinet and small file cabinet?

The price is very low ... free, or even less.  Yup, I am prepared to pay someone to haul it the heck out of here. 

Lately I've been trying to get more into documentaries and books. I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut where I waste too much time watching SportsCenter/sporting events I don't care about, surfing social media, etc. I'm attempting to spend more of my time absorbing information while still entertaining myself, rather than mindlessly passing the time with trivial things.

So, any recommendations for documentaries? Any books that you'd consider a must-read? I'm most interested in natural things, and tend to stick to non-fiction. But this is the internet, so who am I to be picky? Fire away!

Lately I've been trying to get more into documentaries and books. I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut where I waste too much time watching SportsCenter/sporting events I don't care about, surfing social media, etc. I'm attempting to spend more of my time absorbing information while still entertaining myself, rather than mindlessly passing the time with trivial things.

So, any recommendations for documentaries? Any books that you'd consider a must-read? I'm most interested in natural things, and tend to stick to non-fiction. But this is the internet, so who am I to be picky? Fire away!

I really enjoyed The Ghost Map.  It describes a cholera outbreak in 1850's London and how a Priest and a government official tracked down the source of the outbreak.  It was an event that began our understanding of microorganisms and their impact on our health.

I really enjoyed The Ghost Map. It describes a cholera outbreak in 1850's London and how a Priest and a government official tracked down the source of the outbreak. It was an event that began our understanding of microorganisms and their impact on our health.

That sounds right up my alley. And my wife would like it too. We'll check it out!