The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Washington??

Yup.  Washington.  And if they didn't run into the bad luck of having Kerry "butt hurt" Frasier reffing game 2, they win Game 2 and very likely win the series only to get spanked hard by Detroit that year.  (Though w/ Hasek in net, they very well could've won 1 or 2 games.  But doubt they'd've gotten further than that.  Those non-salary capped Wings squads were juggernauts.)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yup.  Washington.  And if they didn't run into the bad luck of having Kerry "butt hurt" Frasier reffing game 2, they win Game 2 and very likely win the series only to get spanked hard by Detroit that year.  (Though w/ Hasek in net, they very well could've won 1 or 2 games.  But doubt they'd've gotten further than that.  Those non-salary capped Wings squads were juggernauts.)

I vaguely remember a missed offsides call against St Francis’ own Todd Krygier. He actually came to the school and did a talk a little after that series. I was one of a few not exactly giving the warmest of welcomes. 

Strangely enough, I just googled this and found a paywalled article from the Washington Post mentioning his visit to the school. 

13 hours ago, shrader said:

I vaguely remember a missed offsides call against St Francis’ own Todd Krygier. He actually came to the school and did a talk a little after that series. I was one of a few not exactly giving the warmest of welcomes. 

Strangely enough, I just googled this and found a paywalled article from the Washington Post mentioning his visit to the school. 

Not missed off-sides, missed icing right before the GWG in OT.  But the real travesty was Ol' Butt Hurt Fraser flat out blowing the Bondra high stick while in the crease goal and refusing to let the VRJ review the play.  Because of that D-bag's intransience, the league changed a rule for the 1st of 3 consecutive years after the Sabres got clearly hosed on a call in the playoffs.

There were a few other instances of Ol' Butt Hurt & his linesmen making stuff up that game; but those were the 2 big ones.  And Ol' Butt Hurt admitted after the game that it WAS intentional.  (How he ever reffed another game after that was boggling.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not missed off-sides, missed icing right before the GWG in OT.  But the real travesty was Ol' Butt Hurt Fraser flat out blowing the Bondra high stick while in the crease goal and refusing to let the VRJ review the play.  Because of that D-bag's intransience, the league changed a rule for the 1st of 3 consecutive years after the Sabres got clearly hosed on a call in the playoffs.

There were a few other instances of Ol' Butt Hurt & his linesmen making stuff up that game; but those were the 2 big ones.  And Ol' Butt Hurt admitted after the game that it WAS intentional.  (How he ever reffed another game after that was boggling.)

But did it mess up his hair?

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

But did it mess up his hair?

Don't believe that's possible.

Short of Hasek's blocker having hit him in the melon, nothing was f'n that coiffe.  And he wasn't the target of the blocker toss.

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't believe that's possible.

Short of Hasek's blocker having hit him in the melon, nothing was f'n that coiffe.  And he wasn't the target of the blocker toss.

Every article Fraser wrote after he retired pointed out what an absolutely horrible ref he was and basically admitted that everything we said about NHL officiating was actually true,… no matter what @nfreeman thinks. 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/26/2024 at 12:44 AM, Indabuff said:

Apparently lighter fluid and gasoline have different flashpoints for those out of the loop trying to start a camp fire. 

No camp fires allowed here now, so I will keep this tid-bit in my back pocket and put away the blow torch.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/25/2024 at 11:44 PM, Indabuff said:

Apparently lighter fluid and gasoline have different flashpoints for those out of the loop trying to start a camp fire. 

That's why I use diesel or kerosene for my wood burning stone. Gasoline is way to volatile 

The majority of the time, my amazon echo will play the edited version of songs.  I'm assuming this is because I play a lot of kids music.  I wish I could figure out how to stop this.  I don't want to just tell it not to play that song again because I'm worried that it would block out the regular version too.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

The majority of the time, my amazon echo will play the edited version of songs.  I'm assuming this is because I play a lot of kids music.  I wish I could figure out how to stop this.  I don't want to just tell it not to play that song again because I'm worried that it would block out the regular version too.

Amazon Prime music will display that a given song is explicit and then play the edited version.

Belt and suspenders, I guess?

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Amazon Prime music will display that a given song is explicit and then play the edited version.

Belt and suspenders, I guess?

There has to be an option somewhere to stop reverting to the edited versions. It doesn’t do it all the time, but it’s well over 50% of the time at this point. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

There has to be an option somewhere to stop reverting to the edited versions. It doesn’t do it all the time, but it’s well over 50% of the time at this point. 

Pretty sure it's called the "premium version" aka the pay for version.  😉 

So, I’m supposed to believe that the Jedi, this elite fighting force, that can read the feelings and thoughts of others, from great distances, had no knowledge, whatsoever, and never caught wind of Order 66, something that was intended to wipe them all out and known to grunt storm troopers across the galaxy?! Maybe they didn’t deserve the power that they had.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

So, I’m supposed to believe that the Jedi, this elite fighting force, that can read the feelings and thoughts of others, from great distances, had no knowledge, whatsoever, and never caught wind of Order 66, something that was intended to wipe them all out and known to grunt storm troopers across the galaxy?! Maybe they didn’t deserve the power that they had.

the simpsons nerd GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I worry that you may have just got a certain poster started. But anyway, I choose to pretend those movies never happened. 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

I worry that you may have just got a certain poster started. But anyway, I choose to pretend those movies never happened. 

Upon rewatching them, the first three held up better than I was expecting.

• Agree 1