GDT: Capitals @ Sabres 12/9/2016 (7pm est, MSG)

LGR4GM

It's not the players' faults that they have a ######-for-brains coach.

I want everyone who wanted Bylsma in 2010 to self-identify. Because I definitely remember who you are.

Hi there Angry 11.

I've missed you.

Did anyone want Bylsma ever?

I can't remember anyone wanting him, other than GoDD.

Hi there Angry 11.

I've missed you.

Did anyone want Bylsma ever?

I can't remember anyone wanting him, other than GoDD.

Bylsma won a Stanley Cup. There are always people who want a coach who has won. No way in the world was Drane alone.

I didn't watch it. Sorry MODO.

His first beer is on you in the spring.

Another classic Goober game.

Anybody notice his reaction to the non-call on the double minor high sticking call?

Yeah, cuz going ape always changes the refs minds.

The refs were definitely biased tonight,... And if they weren't, it would not have made a difference. That was a steaming pile left behind this team tonight.

Sabres pulling the goalie usually means the opponent will score.  This team is lacking in grit, hustle, aggression and toughness. 

They're playing like a bunch of pussies, they take after their coach. 

Yeah, cuz going ape ###### always changes the refs minds.

The refs were definitely biased tonight,... And if they weren't, it would not have made a difference. That was a steaming pile left behind this team tonight.

No, it doesn't. But it shows your players you have the balls to stick up for your team instead of sitting back and letting them walk all over you. 

It's not the players' faults that they have a ######-for-brains coach.

I want everyone who wanted Bylsma in 2010 to self-identify.  Because I definitely remember who you are.

I will admit it and say I was happy with the hire and probably advocated for the signing.

In my defence, I bought an HD DVD player.

Sigh just outclassed. Why does Gorges always look some killed his dog. Why is Moulson still on this team? Can someone find Sam's balls. Need more speed on D, powerplay missed Fedun... Eichel showing a little moxie toward end, OReilly line needs a skill guy with some size... Fasching might be good but more skill needed. Frustrating game and again outclassed.

Bylsma won a Stanley Cup. There are always people who want a coach who has won. No way in the world was Drane alone.

His first beer is on you in the spring.

With a boat load of talent. I wonder how many nights Dan goes home, sits in his recliner, puts in the Penguins Stanley Cup Series CD, and dreams, only to wake up crying out there is no place like home, there is no place like home. Is it possible he's having nightmares by now? He could be suffering from shell shock.

Edited by hockeyhound

With a boat load of talent. I wonder how many nights Dan goes home, sits in his recliner, puts in the Penguins Stanley Cup Series CD, and dreams, only to wake up crying out there is no place like home, there is no place like home. Is it possible he's having nightmares by now?

And? Show me a coach that won without a boatload of talent.

This is almost our team. Bogosian never plays anyway, so.

Eichel's still hurt but he was dangerous a few times. That line needs to get broken up. I'm convinced that our lines would be maximized if Kane played with Larsson and Zemgus moved up to Jack's line, but the continued forcing of 9-15-23 makes 2 of our 3 effective lines worse than they should be. Even strength they have sooooo many awkward just-out-of-reach, not-sure-what-the-other-guy-was-doing plays, and then Kane's speed or Jack's skill makes something happen briefly that makes Dan say "see look at that" when they'd be perfectly capable of doing that by themselves with regularity on any other line.

We still score at a historically bad rate 5v5. If we don't go 2 or 3-5 on the power play, we don't win the game. It's that simple. We have 5 guys who scored 20 goals last year and cannot come close to the second worst team at even strength. 

The coaching system continues to be a problem and it will still be a problem when we're bottom 3 at even strength scoring after 82 games. The arguments for why this is the case and what parts of the system contribute to it have been gone over and over again and aren't worth hashing into more, because no one's mind is going to change.

Once again, the Buffalo Sabres enter a game with a chance to go above .500 and look absolutely awful. They cannot mentally take that next step. It's now happened six times this season. I don't know what their problem is. 

At least Dreamcast had some legitimately badass games. I'm also jealous if you actually have one. Such a good, underappreciated console.

I do, and it is particularly sweet cause you could play burnt games without "swapping" like with the old PS1s. But that's probably also why the console bit the dust so quickly, no one was buying games.

And? Show me a coach that won without a boatload of talent.

My point exactly, I'm not sure its all the coaches fault here. He doesn't have a lot to work with and what he does have is a bunch of young inexperienced players and guys who have never played together until now. Give the guy a chance.

Do we really want Ron Rolston back? It could be a lot worse.

Edited by hockeyhound

Eichel's still hurt but he was dangerous a few times. That line needs to get broken up. I'm convinced that our lines would be maximized if Kane played with Larsson and Zemgus moved up to Jack's line, but the continued forcing of 9-15-23 makes 2 of our 3 effective lines worse than they should be. Even strength they have sooooo many awkward just-out-of-reach, not-sure-what-the-other-guy-was-doing plays, and then Kane's speed or Jack's skill makes something happen briefly that makes Dan say "see look at that" when they'd be perfectly capable of doing that by themselves with regularity on any other line.

We still score at a historically bad rate 5v5. If we don't go 2 or 3-5 on the power play, we don't win the game. It's that simple. We have 5 guys who scored 20 goals last year and cannot come close to the second worst team at even strength. 

The coaching system continues to be a problem and it will still be a problem when we're bottom 3 at even strength scoring after 82 games. The arguments for why this is the case and what parts of the system contribute to it have been gone over and over again and aren't worth hashing into more, because no one's mind is going to change.

Once again, the Buffalo Sabres enter a game with a chance to go above .500 and look absolutely awful. They cannot mentally take that next step. It's now happened six times this season. I don't know what their problem is. 

I appreciate and agree with your post...but this thread is now about Sega Dreamcast. Try to keep up :p

This was going to be a tough six game stretch - we are 2-2-1 in it. I'm fine with that, especially if we beat the Kings to finish it off. 

But we beat all of the wrong freaking teams.

The wins would be against the Rangers (never gonna catch em), the Oilers (out of conference) and the Kings (0ut of conference)

Losing to the Bruins and Caps twice probably puts us further out of the playoffs than we were to start the tough stretch, even if we go 3-2-1, which is something all of us would have signed up for.. 

Need to have a big end to December.

I'm not even certain I want 15 and 23 together right now.

I thought Samson was starting to play really well at center, then BOOM Jack's back, and he's back on wing. Give me a center spine of ROR-Eichel-Samson-Larsson or give me death! No, I don't want to talk about what the wings would look like in that scenario.

Hahaha I was gonna have a rebuttal then I got to your last part :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.