GDT: Edmonton at Buffalo, 12/6/16 (7pm, MSG)

Eleven

I mentioned this earlier too, but the PK is terrible, and it's terrible on Gionta's side. From up top it's even more apparent. He's not very fast anymore and cannot put pressure on guys. The "PK box" had a huge dent in the corner because of it. It gave Edmonton incredible amounts of space on that side, and that is where they generated almost all of their chances from. They fed that area deliberately, and every time he was out there, the only time play ended was when Nilsson froze it or when Edmonton scored, it seemed. Kane needs to be in that spot. 

The captain had a nice game otherwise.

Win yes, team mentality sucked... Sabres got lucky with that last penalty... Played like shiite for almost 2 periods....  Its a win but pathetic... deserved a loss...

Until they can play like they did in the first... and the last minute of the third foget about it.  Its a win that leaves a bad taste.  PS what happened to Carrier in the third... benched or hurt?

Pulease, unless the Sabres start showing they can play near a full game... they deserve an empty stadium.  They rely too much on the D to carry them and the forwards especially the Eichel line is sloppy.  Liked that Girgs moved up to top line, just better positioning than Carrier, but love Carrier's hustle...

He grabbed the Sabre pretty badly, still hard to make that call at the end of a game with so much stuff going on during the game.

Typical Buffalo sports fans......a win has to be perfect or it doesn't count....

Typical Buffalo sports fans......a win has to be perfect or it doesn't count....

PTSD set in, waiting till the other shoe to drop... Gonna need a few more of these before I begin to BELIEVE.... LOL.

l0MYSIhypCt8H0Xtu.gif

Some more mojo for the next game :D

Ill take the Redhead... but the blond on the left will do too.  

Unfortunately you nailed it ..."typical". At least on sports boards and call in shows. I would be interested how perfect these same guys on their jobs.

Unfortunately you nailed it ..."typical". At least on sports boards and call in shows. I would be interested how perfect these same guys on their jobs.

Oh please, now your being disengenous... PS Im in the medical imagery field and would be fired if I performed that badly. Get off your high horse, even if the image came out ok.

Ok, that was wonderful!    Yeah, and it was ugly to see the Sabres hemorrhage a 2 goal lead to end up behind near the end of the 3rd.   But the empty net team work at the end of the 3rd was the best I'd seen in a while from this team;   keeping possession and control of the puck.   And then Risto's awesome PP goal in OT.   2 points against one of the top ranked teams in the NHL - how could that be ugly?  

And I went from loving Kane (goal) to hating Kane (dumb penalty that let  the Oilers take the lead on the PP)  to loving him for his last second goal that tied the game and led to overtime.  

That's the story of sports fandom in Buffalo - love, hate, love.   And the cycle will continue.  

PTSD set in, waiting till the other shoe to drop... Gonna need a few more of these before I begin to BELIEVE.... LOL.

Not saying you have to believe, but they tied game with 30 seconds left and won in OT....that's exciting...enjoy it....if you can't what's the point of being a fan?

Not saying you have to believe, but they tied game with 30 seconds left and won in OT....that's exciting...enjoy it....if you can't what's the point of being a fan?

I did, but the criticism came before that happened as if it was after the game. PS I did enjoy the final minutes, seriously wanted them to be pounded and the 2nd and 3rd were anything but that.

Aren't you a bundle of joy.................

You were there too?!?!

NB has a point in that the Sabres did not play well or with much passion for much of the middle of the game. We're they tired? Maybe, but considering it's early in the season and they are a young team that isn't a good sign.

Are they just not good yet? Probably. Their passing is awful and puck control is non-existent, especially compared to the Oilers. Sabre players were either stuck in place while Oilers skated by them, got beat to lose picks or were out of position. Great they won but still seeing a lot wrong with this team.

What did we used to call the old core? Fragile little children?

This board is more like broken, cynical middle-age divorcees whose spouses ran away to Italy with a 23-year-old in a hot convertible.

it is so bruised it can scarcely contemplate hope, let alone joy.

We tied the game with 23 seconds left and won it with a perfect shot in overtime!

This is why we became fans. Let yourselves have some fun. You deserve it.

I think Fragile Little Children was Miller's line.

Hey guys - we made a last minute comeback with sustained 6 on 5 zone pressure. We haven't done that consistently since the Drury days. I miss that. And once we tied it, we kept the pressure on and had another good shift to piggyback off the previous one, drawing a key penalty. That Risto slapshot was a thing of beauty, absolutely crushed and top corner. 

The excitement of the last 5 minutes of the game (3rd and OT) more than made up for the lack of energy in the 2nd and early 3rd. Sports is fun for the unpredictability, and that's what we got last night.

Eichel has ADHD, btw, and that's why he can't focus properly and tends to float.

I heard it here first.

Is this > Ghost's Marfan's theory? It certainly dwarfs the explanation for the apparent scar on Millsie's forehead. #goodtimes

Edited by PASabreFan

Also you don't seem to post often but welcome Mig22, hope you hang out for the game tonight.

Thank you kindly.  And wasn't THAT fun last night (except for the part in the second when I turned off the game in disgust).

And I can't seem to watch hockey and post in forums at the same time.

Cheers!

Thank you kindly.  And wasn't THAT fun last night (except for the part in the second when I turned off the game in disgust).

And I can't seem to watch hockey and post in forums at the same time.

Cheers!

All we need in Buffalo is selective viewing and we're good, right?

I can't either - I either spend time creating a post and miss what just happened or post something at intermission that happened 30 minutes ago.

Is this > Ghost's Marfan's theory? It certainly dwarfs the explanation for the apparent scar on Millsie's forehead. #goodtimes

Greater than? Well, that's an interesting way of evaluating such ... theories.

The Marfan talk about Myers was sufficiently "out there" that I actually found it fairly benign. And, IIRC, it was evident by that point in time that Myers was not going to be a franchise player.

Talking like that about Eichel is something that concerns me, and, if I am being honest, just bums me out. Maybe it just hit me at the wrong time and maybe I should just ignore it, but I saw one regular poster breezily theorize that Eichel suffers from ADHD, and then another say something like "yeah, I've thought the same thing", and I just ... despaired. It might be time for a break through the winter holidays for me.

Also, I forget what the talk was about Miller's scar. I remember the eye-orientation thing, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.