GDT: Toronto at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 11/03/2016

Doohickie

This place was stressing him out. I get it. It's not been the most fun the last few years and there's a lot of non-hockey stuff going on out there as well, which I think he's passionate about. 

I told him to check back in if the Sabres ever get really good again. This place is a lot better when the Sabres are good. 

Hoss last posted on October 24th and seemed to be an I'm taking a break kind of post in the meetup thread.

He was last signed in on October 29th, so I believe he is lurking about.

From time to time many of us need breaks.

Hoss is young and passionate about many issues, many of which are not sports related, which is a good thing, but message boards are not always a good place to be when you are passionate about stuff.

I hope he comes back.  He was a good contributor to the general discussion here.

This place was stressing him out. I get it. It's not been the most fun the last few years and there's a lot of non-hockey stuff going on out there as well, which I think he's passionate about. 

I checked his profile. Looks the unfounded sexual assault thread was what did it.

I'll never understand that reaction, tbh. If you don't like what you're reading in a thread, don't go in there. Ignore it. Avoid it.

If you really dislike what a poster is posting, mute him/her. I have at least 3 or 4 regulars on silence here. Now and then, I click through to read what they've posted (especially if it's apparently hockey related). That's not meant as a judgment of any kind. It's just a matter of my personal preference.

People often have a way of creating their own hell. Needlessly.

message boards are not always a good place to be when you are passionate about stuff.

Word.

I checked his profile. Looks the unfounded sexual assault thread was what did it.

I'll never understand that reaction, tbh. If you don't like what you're reading in a thread, don't go in there. Ignore it. Avoid it.

If you really dislike what a poster is posting, mute him/her. I have at least 3 or 4 regulars on silence here. Now and then, I click through to read what they've posted (especially if it's apparently hockey related). That's not meant as a judgment of any kind. It's just a matter of my personal preference.

Word.

Thanks for taking me off silent and reading my post .........

:flirt:

Word.

So am I on ignore?  I guess you'll never see this to respond :flirt:

Alright, I think we've covered the situation enough, time to move on

This would be a huge game to get another win. Is Bogo playing? I'd prefer to see Matthews frustrated by the Larsson line, and Kadri die at some point too

Apparently Kadri shut down McDavid and scored two goals against Edmonton on Tuesday.  I always view him as a punk as bitch so it's surprising he's had a good start to the season.

Word.

To the first bolded, this can be tough, because you want to see what people are saying if you value them in the community. Especially if a thread is dealing with a topic that is relevant to current social discussions in the regular world. The problem is when you get into that thread and realize that the opinions there are not what you had hoped for. Then you've either gotta just walk away, or engage. And sometimes engaging is the wrong choice. 

Which leads to the second bolded. I've always shied away from this policy, but I've had to embrace it to maintain my own enjoyment on the forum. I honestly wish the feature was stronger. It is what it is though. 

This has been driving me nuts.  It's Austin.  AUSTIN.  With an I.  I know Auston Matthews is stuck with the first name his parents pinned on him, but geez... Auston?  Nobody spells it like that.

So this game actually means something.  It could mean that the Sabres have, in fact, turned the corner and will grind these ###### down,

High Ankle chicken head, he'll always be Austin to me. Now lets go grind these down for the win!

I think we may actually have more Sabres fans in the building for a change tonight. I say that cause of what I see on Stub Hub. I don't think Leaf fans are coming tonight. It's also pretty ridiculous what's available and for how little.

Bogo is week to week with an mcl injury per Instigators.

So am I on ignore? I guess you'll never see this to respond :flirt:

Apparently Kadri shut down McDavid and scored two goals against Edmonton on Tuesday. I always view him as a punk as bitch so it's surprising he's had a good start to the season.

Kairi is definitely a punk. And a diver. And a wuss. He's also quite good at the sport of hockey.

Hoping to get home in time tonight to catch the game. I have a drs apt at 4, then need to run to the middle school where my mom works.  I helped them set up their sound system, and they're having issues, and have a production coming up.  Goal is to get everyone set by 630 so I get home in time.

Also just got an ESPN update.  Bogo out indefinitely with sprained knee.  :(

Thanks for taking me off silent and reading my post .........

:flirt:

So am I on ignore?  I guess you'll never see this to respond :flirt:

Haha - I see you two. I see you. 

To the first bolded, this can be tough, because you want to see what people are saying if you value them in the community. Especially if a thread is dealing with a topic that is relevant to current social discussions in the regular world. The problem is when you get into that thread and realize that the opinions there are not what you had hoped for. Then you've either gotta just walk away, or engage. And sometimes engaging is the wrong choice. 

Which leads to the second bolded. I've always shied away from this policy, but I've had to embrace it to maintain my own enjoyment on the forum. I honestly wish the feature was stronger. It is what it is though. 

To the first point: I agree. Going into a thread and engaging are understandable. But when it starts to feel upsetting, you hafta just shut it down. 

Kairi is definitely a punk. And a diver. And a wuss. He's also quite good at the sport of hockey.

Yeah - remember when he posted that picture of downtown Buffalo with a nasty snarky caption? ... Wait. That wasn't him, was it? Who was that guy? Because him, too.

Also just got an ESPN update.  Bogo out indefinitely with sprained knee.   :(

Ugh. What are the D pairings?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.