GDT: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 3:00 PM ET, 10/30/2016

Doohickie

To the overwhelming number of reactionary posters who draw conclusions from 4 of 82 games, we are now tied for the wild card. How does that fit into your doomsday prognostications?

It's funny. Rob Ray mentioned that the coaching staff said that the Sabres needed to adjust and get more puck support in the neutral zone so that the only plays aren't stretch pass tip-ins or getting snuffed on the rush. Sounds to me like the reactionary posters that wanted that to change were correct, after all, they're 2-0 since that has changed. 

I've liked Foligno to start the season. This is so much better than invisible-Foligno.

I understand why Dan keeps Gorges with Risto. They know one another, and definitely have chemistry. It allows Kulikov to look after Bogosian. It allows us to keep Gorges and Franson, our two slowest d-men, apart.

But I want to see Kulikov play with Risto so bad. Risto played what was probably his best 5 on 5 offensive game so far. He made 3 or 4 sick passes from below the goal line that could've been assists. He seems to be a pure playmaker, I hope he can improve his goalscoring. I want to see he and Kulikov dominate 5 on 5 shifts together.

I think today was a perfect example of what Franson and McCabe can do in the best case scenaro. McCabe will make a difference and stop a few plays in their tracks. Franson will go unnoticed.

I thought for sure Ducky would be here telling us how they won the trade.....

I mean, they still might have. Edited by qwksndmonster

It's funny. Rob Ray mentioned that the coaching staff said that the Sabres needed to adjust and get more puck support in the neutral zone so that the only plays aren't stretch pass tip-ins or getting snuffed on the rush. Sounds to me like the reactionary posters that wanted that to change were correct, after all, they're 2-0 since that has changed. 

I've liked Foligno to start the season. This is so much better than invisible-Foligno.

Haha kudos to the reactionary posters for raising this strategic insight that has turned the early season around. Nothing to be said about players who've never played with one another getting some time together. Or the fact that we outplayed teams in three of our losses.

And there's different levels of reactionaries. You, Flagg, actually do offer some insight with your early season negativity. 

--

Every game that goes by, the better that Risto deal looks. He's looked wholly sound in his own end and is jumping the zone  and possessing much more this season, a la his under 18 performances. 

The funniest thing I've heard in a long time is "Okposo wasn't very good, except for the goals he scored." Ugh....do some posters even think about what they write, are they plain stupid, or just trying to be a cute idiot?

Or, I didn't like his play in the first two periods. Other than those plays where he put the thing in the thing. And I think plenty! And I like to think that I'm a creative kind of stupid, not just plain stupid.

And I am cute, you're right.

Edited by qwksndmonster

To the overwhelming number of reactionary posters who draw conclusions from 4 of 82 games, we are now tied for the wild card. How does that fit into your doomsday prognostications?

In addition to being wrong, you realize this post is the functional definition of reactionary, right? Arguing against reactionism by being reactionary is, as the kids would say, a bold strategy.

In addition to being wrong, you realize this post is the functional definition of reactionary, right? Arguing against reactionism by being reactionary is, as the kids would say, a bold strategy.

I'm happy the irony was not lost, although my reaction to a two game win streak was solely to highlight the short-sightedness of the reactions by the reactionaries that came before. In reality, the constant negativity including tank talk, firing of head coach, etc. after the first four games (after losing best player with 10 minutes left in final preseason practice, missing our top FA acquisition to start the season, losing our best forechecker (maybe in league) and second fastest skater) was a drag on GDT. Hope a little streak turns that around and we can can return to some actual substantive analysis and critique. 

And wrong how? Because we don't have the wild card tie breaker after 8 games. Come on.

I'm happy the irony was not lost, although my reaction to a two game win streak was solely to highlight the short-sightedness of the reactions by the reactionaries that came before. In reality, the constant negativity including tank talk, firing of head coach, etc. after the first four games (after losing best player with 10 minutes left in final preseason practice, missing our top FA acquisition to start the season, losing our best forechecker (maybe in league) and second fastest skater) was a drag on GDT. Hope a little streak turns that around and we can can return to some actual substantive analysis and critique.

And wrong how? Because we don't have the wild card tie breaker after 8 games. Come on.

You're basically lamenting that people post emotionally. That's not gonna stop.

And plenty of good analysis came from the Sabres being bad, it just wasn't very fun.

I stick by moving Kane and DD. Those opinions were not the spawn of 4 games

Wrong because the posts were not the product of the start to the year. Last season and Bylsma's time in Pittsburgh were much larger parts of it. They were only "reactionary" because you were more interested in dismissing the criticism than engaging it on the merits. It's okay, you weren't alone on that front.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.