GDT: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 3:00 PM ET, 10/30/2016

Doohickie

Thorburn, Thornton same guy either way right? :rolleyes: Must have been auto correct

I don't understand this. I see those two guys and see no comparable between the two. Big boys yes but they use that entirely different. I don't believe you will ever see Armia drop the gloves and rock someone sticking up for a teammate. Do you?

Didn't get to watch the game and didn't PVR it but Thorburn, very unfortunately, is dressing tonight...they call up Dano and make him sit and not even play while Thorburn dresses and gets his 7 minutes??? I am really starting to question some coaching decisions over here. Armia is our best or one of the best players for 5 games and he stays with Lowry and Matthias????

Postma, Chiarot and Mechiori are all dressed on D tonight with Myers out and Trouba not here......feel sorry for the goalie.

Seems like giving money to Ladd and not Okposo was a huuuuuuuuge mistake for the Isles. Ladd has 1 point in 9 games and Okposo has 7 pts in 7 games. Okposo only makes a 1/2 million more per year and is younger and better.

Didn't get to watch the game and didn't PVR it but Thorburn, very unfortunately, is dressing tonight...they call up Dano and make him sit and not even play while Thorburn dresses and gets his 7 minutes??? I am really starting to question some coaching decisions over here. Armia is our best or one of the best players for 5 games and he stays with Lowry and Matthias????

Postma, Chiarot and Mechiori are all dressed on D tonight with Myers out and Trouba not here......feel sorry for the goalie.

Seems like giving money to Ladd and not Okposo was a huuuuuuuuge mistake for the Isles. Ladd has 1 point in 9 games and Okposo has 7 pts in 7 games. Okposo only makes a 1/2 million more per year and is younger and better.

I had no idea Thorburn still was in the league.

I had no idea Thorburn still was in the league.

Neither does he...and he is useless. constantly out of position in his own zone and how long has he been in the league?

Maurice's decision making confounds me sometimes...

He dresses Thorburn and plays him for 4:35...Doesn't play him after the 9 minute mark of the 2nd....this is in a game where you lose a forward in the first period...

Armia has been one of the best forwards this year and doesn't get higher than 3rd line and we are struggling for goals...

takes Laine off of the PP last night and it sucks...

They have called up Copp so I hope Copp and Dano get some time because we have forwards Little, Staf, Matthias out and the youngsters need the ice time....

Burmi should go back to the KHL or ECHL of somewhere because he wouldn't start on any either team in this league and yet he starts on this one.

I think the team played well last night considering we had 3 starting forwards and 3 starting d men out of the line up...time the tenders starting winning a game for us.

Can't see the Jets making the playoffs this year.

Tom Waites ?

Randy Hanzlick wrote the song in 1980. It was a staple of Dr. Demento's show back in the '80's.

Tom Waites had used the line on Fernwood2night 3 years prior. (Hadn't known that.)

I think he stole the line.  I remember that from when I was a kid.

Probably. If one can believe the internet Waites apparently said he'd seen the quote on a bathroom wall.

Randy Hanzlick wrote the song in 1980. It was a staple of Dr. Demento's show back in the '80's.

Tom Waites had used the line on Fernwood2night 3 years prior. (Hadn't known that.)

Probably. If one can believe the internet Waites apparently said he'd seen the quote on a bathroom wall.

If Waites said it, I'd believe it. Was he straight?

And attributions go back to the '30's. But nothing confirmed that far back.

The first time I had heard it was on the fernwood2night on youtube. Funny as hell coming from him considering his habits. I'm not sure who the originator was though. Just assumed it was him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.