GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:30 PM ET, 10/25/2016, NBCSN

WildCard

I love O'Reilly. He's my favorite non-Eichel player on the team. But holy mother of god he either needs to work on his shootout moves or not be in the initial three.

I can't believe this isn't getting more play. He's done the same move EVERY. TIME. And it has not worked once. It's madness.

Agreed. Without Jack (and to a lesser extent Kane), we're not a playoff team...but we should be better than we currently are.

I have doubts we'd be a playoff team this year WITH them.

As long as this team has Franson, there will be a defenseman getting bad minutes. Today was McCabe, who played less than fifteen.

ROR was at 21. Good Dan. 

Reinhart had 14. Can't say he deserved more. Getting his feet wet at center. Like I said when the move happened, it's important that he goes through these rough games at the position. He won't learn and get better until he does.

This is the reason why I believe you have to have great scouts and a gm that can find these hidden gems to build a championship team. Almost any of us can pick top ten talent out but you need to start hitting on picks thru-out the rest of the draft.

And generally those picks take 3-4 years to develop. How long did Murray take over the team?

This is the reason why I believe you have to have great scouts and a gm that can find these hidden gems to build a championship team. Almost any of us can pick top ten talent out but you need to start hitting on picks thru-out the rest of the draft.

Won't know for a couple years if Murray has hit on those later picks

I'll say it again: you reap what you sow. These are the fruits of the tank -- losing games in the way that only a "loser team" loses games. The team was supposed to lose, lost a million games and in so doing became a bunch of losers who do not know how to win and, even worse, expect to lose.

There's going to be a lot more of this crapola until it gets better.

I'll say it again: you reap what you sow. These are the fruits of the tank -- losing games in the way that only a "loser team" loses games. The team was supposed to lose, lost a million games and in so doing became a bunch of losers who do not know how to win and, even worse, expect to lose.

No way Jose. The entire 2nd half of the season saw us have more comebacks other than maybe 5 teams. We were an extremely resilient bunch last year, that expected to win come February

This is bull. Sorry but it is. Especially when Eichel the prize of the tank is not even playing.

I don't know that I agree with the mechanics of your point, but I do agree that the way we gutted the team so fully of talent is going to haunt us for a lot longer than most of us expected, and all of us wished.

I would have quoted many things in what I was just reading but I feel like I would have broken the software.

So I'll post this.

1. The Kulikov hit is completely clean. They called charging. It's not even remotely charging. Kulikov was gliding.  It wasn't a late hit (watch how many hits occur on the boards long after that).  It wasn't a head shot, he hits his chest right near the collarbone.  The ref BEHIND Kulikov called the penalty.  Moreover, Voracek made the pass and continued right INTO Kulikov because he had his head down.  That penalty is on the officiating and nothing else.  Thus you don't get that very nice PP goal. 2nd goal on the officials.

2. That is textbook goaltender interference.  Once the puck was loose in the crease two Flyers players DOVE into the crease.  They were not assisted in anyway. Then Schenn is holding his arm on the goaltender.  The 3rd goal is on the officating as well.

If you take those two items into consideration you can note that the Sabres are once again screwed by the officiating.  Complaining about the team without realizing that fact shows how completely delusional you are.

I've seen people wanting to take a break from this team.  I think I need to take a break from this place.  I can't handle the insanity anymore. The complete lack of ANY rational thought.

Good night.

Edited by LTS

I would have quoted many things in what I was just reading but I feel like I would have broken the software.

So I'll post this.

1. The Kulikov hit is completely clean. They called charging. It's not even remotely charging. Kulikov was gliding. It wasn't a late hit (watch how many hits occur on the boards long after that). It wasn't a head shot, he hits his chest right near the collarbone. The ref BEHIND Kulikov called the penalty. Moreover, Voracek made the pass and continued right INTO Kulikov because he had his head down. That penalty is on the officiating and nothing else. Thus you don't get that very nice PP goal. 2nd goal on the officials.

2. That is textbook goaltender interference. Once the puck was loose in the crease two Flyers players DOVE into the crease. They were not assisted in anyway. Then Schenn is holding his arm on the goaltender. The 3rd goal is on the officating as well.

If you take those two items into consideration you can note that the Sabres are once again screwed by the officiating. Complaining about the team without realizing that fact shows how completely delusional you are.

I've seen people wanting to take a break from this team. I think I need to take a break from this place. I can't handle the insanity anymore. The complete lack of ANY rational thought.

Good night.

Maybe you forgot to look at the shot total in the third period Edited by CallawaySabres

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.