GDT: Buffalo @ Vancouver, 10:00 PM ET, 10-20-2016

WildCard

I'm fearing that Bylsma isn't the right coach for us.

And fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.

He simply doesn't coach in a way that plays to what the roster does well. Lord help me, but Pi is right in that Risto's strength is his offense...yet how often do you see him actually lead a rush? Once a game? At this point I'm convinced Bylsma would want Erik Karlsson sitting back playing it safe.

Bylsma is going to ruin ROR. They might have some time off now, but the Sabres have the most back to back games in the league this year. DD is going to have to learn how to spread these guys minutes out better. And I think he shoulda started Nilsson tonight in goal, not because of Lehner's play, just because they say they don't want Lehner being overused.

They just look like a bunch of players who are slow and confused because they have no idea what they're supposed to be doing and aren't in a system that leads to anything remotely resembling structured attack and so we never see any passing plays or anything and when teams can put out pairs that can snuff ROR/Reinhart/KO there's nothing left to break through them, and any goal scored at that point is kicked in by five opposing players after Des misses an attempt to body slam the puck into the net

He simply doesn't coach in a way that plays to what the roster does well. Lord help me, but Pi is right in that Risto's strength is his offense...yet how often do you see him actually lead a rush? Once a game? At this point I'm convinced Bylsma would want Erik Karlsson sitting back playing it safe.

Can't allow the D to get up ice, cause then they'll have to turn around to come back. And, we all know, getting the defencemen turning is key to a team generating offense. :/

(Should maybe state this is sarcasm :p)

Edited by Thorny

They just look like a bunch of players who are slow and confused because they have no idea what they're supposed to be doing and aren't in a system that leads to anything remotely resembling structured attack and so we never see any passing plays or anything and when teams can put out pairs that can snuff ROR/Reinhart/KO there's nothing left to break through them, and any goal scored at that point is kicked in by five opposing players after Des misses an attempt to body slam the puck into the net

ROR/Reino/KO have shown dominant possessions. And we are missing 67% of a second line. Foligno-Gio-Lars have shown well, especially for a third line. 

I stress we are four games in. And missing two of the fastest skaters in the league including our superstar. Please let's not make this situation more painful by being all negative and gloomy so quick into the season (edit: this isn't just to you Flagg, but to all calling for DD's head, or calling for a tank (for Christ's sake)). 

Edited by GrassValleyGreg

ROR/Reino/KO have shown dominant possessions. And we are missing 67% of a second line. Foligno-Gio-Lars have shown well, especially for a third line. 

I stress we are four games in. And missing two of the fastest skaters in the league including our superstar. Please let's not make this situation more painful by being all negative and gloomy so quick into the season. 

The thing is, we couldn't pass or possess the puck last year at any point either. Sure, Eichel/ROR/Samson could on an individual basis make superb plays, but there's no system-driven passing that gives us anything, and almost every single other team I watch, including Toronto last season, has this at some level. The ones who don't dump their coaches

I think we could be playing so much better with the pieces we have even with injuries is all. Going back to game one of last season, not just these four games

Hey True, that thing above your avatar that says #fancystats - we should think of a word for the anti-Bylsma brigade and make that our whatever that thing is called, to stand in solidarity 

FFS  :cry: 

Ah well, on to the next game.

Can any1 tell me the length on healing injurys on both kane and eichle ? 

I mean what has been released officially that is. Its probably in another post but if anyone care

to enlighten me it would be appreciated.

6-8 weeks for Jack, as far as I know nothing specific for Kane, they just said "weeks".

FFS  :cry: 

Ah well, on to the next game.

Can any1 tell me the length on healing injurys on both kane and eichle ? 

I mean what has been released officially that is. Its probably in another post but if anyone care

to enlighten me it would be appreciated. 

Don't think we'll see either until late december or 2017 even.

You seem feisty tonight. And awake for a west coast game. Ol' lady turned ya down...again...huh? :p

Haha - I just missed this. Twas struggling with that decision to have a cup of strong coffee after 1:00 p.m. So, you were close in terms of attributing my wakefulness to a middle age syndrome of some kind. Bastage.

there's no system-driven passing that gives us anything, and almost every single other team I watch, including Toronto last season, has this at some level.

Troof.

Hot Daniel has said multiple times that the hardest thing for a dman to do is to turn and retrieve the puck. And so his o-zone entry is predicated on making the D do that. As a result, the Sabres only occasionally retain possession of a puck that they willingly give away when they chip or dump and chase. That's a style of hockey I grew up watching, but it's not one that is in step with how the modern game is being played. I tune into NBC Sports on many nights and watch what's doing with other teams -- the difference is quite noticeable, even to an untrained eye like mine.

Troof.

Hot Daniel has said multiple times that the hardest thing for a dman to do is to turn and retrieve the puck. And so his o-zone entry is predicated on making the D do that. As a result, the Sabres only occasionally retain possession of a puck that they willingly give away when they chip or dump and chase. That's a style of hockey I grew up watching, but it's not one that is in step with how the modern game is being played. I tune into NBC Sports on many nights and watch what's doing with other teams -- the difference is quite noticeable, even to an untrained eye like mine.

Be prepared to be shouted down because "it's only four games".

Bylsma is going to ruin ROR. They might have some time off now, but the Sabres have the most back to back games in the league this year. DD is going to have to learn how to spread these guys minutes out better. And I think he shoulda started Nilsson tonight in goal, not because of Lehner's play, just because they say they don't want Lehner being overused.

You are worried about players being tired and overused after 4 games? With Eichel and Kane out it's natural that others will play more...they will get rest when needed....taking practice off....etc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.