GDT: Sabres vs Canes, 7pm NBCS, 10/4/16

bob_sauve28

Said no one Never. I know it's early, but this little thread continues to weave its way through Sabre lore.

I know it is a reoccurring theme with the team but we've turned the roster over and new coaches in place... you would figure it would've been addressed.  Both power play chances tonight looked unpracticed.  I understand it's preseason and chemistry, but the same is true for Carolina and their chance had 5 shots on it... some good chances.  Ours had none.

I will be very surprised if an Okposo, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Eichel and Risto isn't a top 10 PP this year.

It was close last year, not that people really noticed.

Assuming you mean people outside of Buffalo. Hell, our PP scoring is probably the clear #1 reason there was such improvement in the standings.

I know it is a reoccurring theme with the team but we've turned the roster over and new coaches in place... you would figure it would've been addressed.  Both power play chances tonight looked unpracticed.  I understand it's preseason and chemistry, but the same is true for Carolina and their chance had 5 shots on it... some good chances.  Ours had none.

Did you watch the 2nd game with Toronto last week when Buffalo got smoked? On one PP the Sabres had eight shots on goal. It may have been a double minor penalty, I can't remember. Loads of chances, they just need to finish better.

Assuming you mean people outside of Buffalo. Hell, our PP scoring is probably the clear #1 reason there was such improvement in the standings.

And it was basically all because of the first minute of the power plays, when the first unit was out there. Interested in seeing what the second unit ends up being this season. Or maybe I'm not. :S

I understood to whom he was referring. That was my way of expressing disbelief.

If Fasching keeps making those plays along the boards, I want a better finisher playing with him. Can't knock his effort but he is the very definition of mucker.

And it was basically all because of the first minute of the power plays, when the first unit was out there. Interested in seeing what the second unit ends up being this season. Or maybe I'm not. :S

Franson, Nelson, Ennis, Kane and Moulson?

Just having Ennis to be the wheel on PP2 is going to be better than anything we've seen there in three or four years.

I understood to whom he was referring. That was my way of expressing disbelief.

Oh, yeah he's bad.

Ennis-ROR-KO

Girg-Eichel-Samson

Kane-Larsson-Fasching

Foligno-Grant-Gionta

I would rather see this than any variation with Des in, as that would likely require shifting Girgensons back to center, putting Kane with Eichel, and spreading weak wingers throughout the bottom six, while making the Eichel line likely less effective. 

I'd also put Bailey above him, I think. Maybe Moulson if his peppy playing this preseason is to be believed. 

Deslauriers is not a good hockey player. I love the guy, but top-12 forward on a good team he is not.

Oh, yeah he's bad.

Ennis-ROR-KO

Girg-Eichel-Samson

Kane-Larsson-Fasching

Foligno-Grant-Gionta

I would rather see this than any variation with Des in, as that would likely require shifting Girgensons back to center, putting Kane with Eichel, and spreading weak wingers throughout the bottom six, while making the Eichel line likely less effective. 

I'd also put Bailey above him, I think. Maybe Moulson if his peppy playing this preseason is to be believed. 

Deslauriers is not a good hockey player. I love the guy, but top-12 forward on a good team he is not.

Sign. Me. Up. Damn I like those lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.