GDT: Sabres vs Canes, 7pm NBCS, 10/4/16

bob_sauve28

Nice effort against a lesser lineup.

I'm going against the wishes of the mob here and say that Cody Franson has looked like a very good bottom pairing defencemen.

Franson was fine last year when he was on the 3rd pair, and he'll be fine there this year. Nelson may just be better, though.

Maybe not, but he makes a nice 13th forward AND 7th D.

NICE.

I'm fine with him as the 13th forward, but if he's your 7th D, you better go sign somebody. He's purely an emergency body there.

Gus and Ennis seem to have a bit of flow going.

Yep.  I like that.

He's purely an emergency body there.

Well naturally because they will have a 7th D on the team, but everyone once in a while due to injuries/penalties the team will end up with only 3 D that can play; I like having an ex-Dman sitting there, ready to take a shift on the blue line.

No stats posted on NHL.com, but it seemed Nelson logged a lot of ice time.

No Okposo, ROR, Risto Kane or Kulikov. Jack's first game back and Samson seems to be picking up where he left off. This will be a fun team to watch.

Nice effort against a lesser lineup.

I'm going against the wishes of the mob here and say that Cody Franson has looked like a very good bottom pairing defencemen.

He looks to be one of the six best defensemen we've seen, for sure. I wish we had brought in one more guy, to make him the first up in an injury situation, though.

He looks to be one of the six best defensemen we've seen, for sure. I wish we had brought in one more guy, to make him the first up in an injury situation, though.

He needs time against faster stronger competition, but he made three beautiful outlets today. Gets the puck and turns up ice instinctively.

Franson was fine last year when he was on the 3rd pair, and he'll be fine there this year. Nelson may just be better, though.

You and I are on the same page as to this team's biggest need. And there are moments when he looks like the answer.

I'm just second guessing whether with Nelson I sometimes see what I want to see.

I struggle to balance the Nelson I see on the offensive blueline with the Nelson I see on defensive zone coverage.

You and I are on the same page as to this team's biggest need. And there are moments when he looks like the answer.

I'm just second guessing whether with Nelson I sometimes see what I want to see.

I struggle to balance the Nelson I see on the offensive blueline with the Nelson I see on defensive zone coverage.

I wanted Nelson to win the spot really bad, but top-pairing minutes in Rochester to get practice with this is likely the best move for his development.

Sorry man, I was talking about Franson.

By the way, not a single post it he entire thread about Lehner?

The man is going to be a stud.

He seems much calmer and is seeing the puck well. The one that rang the crossbar and he lost sight of brought back memories of Hasek with his glove flip behind him just in case..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.