Robin Lehner: The goalie we need or the goalie we deserve?

LGR4GM

Is Robin Lehner the goalie we need right now?  I have seen doubters and questions.  

I think Lehner can do it. I didn't when we traded for him but I have changed my mind. Could be blind optimism but he passes my eye test. I think that he will stay healthy and that he can handle the starting job. The counter would be that we deserve him because Murray hasn't bothered to get someone better. He's an injury prone nut job who won't stick in the NHL.

W(talent)-X(high ankle)-Y(concussion)+/-Z(temperament)=Answer.

Great question. I'll watch the variables.

Because you asked ... I think Ullmark's the name we're saying during earnest playoff appearances. He has fewer variables to quantify.

I consider his temperment a -.  I prefer a goalie be ultra calm and laser focused.  JMHO. I also think our Cup contending tandem has Petersen in the starribg role.  I think he will be that good.

I was about to type "Same."

But I got to thinking: There have been some great goalies with a few screws loose who were prone to flipping the out from time to time. Roy and Hasek, to name but two.

But I'm betting that those who thought that Miller merely was average are in for an education.

I eagerly await Lehner's first post-game presser where he blames a goal on the absence or failure of backside support.

I was about to type "Same."

But I got to thinking: There have been some great goalies with a few screws loose who were prone to flipping the ###### out from time to time. Roy and Hasek, to name but two.

I eagerly await Lehner's first post-game presser where he blames a goal on the absence or failure of backside support.

That probably won't happen.

Yep.

http://www.tbo.com/ap/sports/enroth-replaces-injured-lerner-for-sweden-at-world-cup-ap_sports2219a71202a4409bb5b27fe5b3be808e

NEW YORK (AP) — Sweden has selected Jhonas Enroth to replace injured goaltender Robin Lehner on its World Cup of Hockey roster.Lehner was bothered by an ankle injury last season while playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Sweden coach Rikard Gronborg said Lehner had not recovered 100 percent.

:wallbash:  :censored: 

According to swedish media, Lehner isn't feeling quite ready yet to come back from his latest injury and will not play for team Sweden during the World Cup (Enroth is his replacement).

I hope this is simply him being too laser focused on Buffalo to waste time as Lundqvist's back-up.

That boxing video I posted a few days ago seem to show him in great shape and a saw a tweet somewhere of him practicing hard in his new Sabre gear.

If he is still limping that is bad news.

Yep.

http://www.tbo.com/ap/sports/enroth-replaces-injured-lerner-for-sweden-at-world-cup-ap_sports2219a71202a4409bb5b27fe5b3be808e

NEW YORK (AP) — Sweden has selected Jhonas Enroth to replace injured goaltender Robin Lehner on its World Cup of Hockey roster.Lehner was bothered by an ankle injury last season while playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Sweden coach Rikard Gronborg said Lehner had not recovered 100 percent.

:wallbash: :censored:

I hope something is getting lost in translation here. It could just mean his game isn't fully back, which is fine and somewhat expected. If it means he physically not fully recovered, however, that's less than ideal.

Hamilton posted a video of him working out on the ice from a few days ago. He looked to be working without restrictions.

Also, here's one of several Tweets from the editor of some apparently leading Swedish hockey magazine (@'ing the Sabres beat writer for NHL.com):

User Actions
  Follow
YRZCTYWy_bigger.jpgUffe Bodin@UffeBodin

@JoeYerdon When I spoke to Robin last month, he was optimistic. I just think he wants to focus on getting ready for the season. (1/2)

Here's a link to the video

https://twitter.com/Bulldogwgr/status/769175738637488128/video/1

Also seeing on the Twitter that Lehner was the third string goalie on that team.

So -- it makes sense for him to want to focus on getting ready for camp over participating in a tournament where he will not play.

2/2 of from the Swedish dude:

User Actions
  Follow
YRZCTYWy_bigger.jpgUffe Bodin@UffeBodin

@JoeYerdon Instead of being the third-string goalie and not being able to play or practice properly.

I hate that freakin' line. The _____ we need vs. the ______ we deserve. It doesn't mean anything. It didn't mean anything in the dark night, other than Christopher Nolan is a hack.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Pffffffffffffft

It absolutely has meaning. It's talking about the power of symbolism.

I hate that freakin' line.  The _____ we need vs. the ______ we deserve.  It doesn't mean anything.  It didn't mean anything in the dark night, other than Christopher Nolan is a hack.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.  Pffffffffffffft

7028591_700b.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.