slightly OT - religion and Armageddon

SarasotaSabre

so I heard an interview on the radio early this AM with Rob O'Neill, former Navy SEAL. Most of you here should know his story. (....and, yes, I'm aware of his controversy with the OBL kill shot)

He made a very distinct observation after being asked about the 12 y/o suicide bomber who killed scores in Turkey at the Kurdish wedding. (may God rest their souls). O'Neill's comments: here in the US, we have parents/society teaching their kids about transgender, safe spaces, & micro-aggressions. In the Sharia version of Islam, they are teaching (indoctrinating) their kids to hate the infidel and to glorify/sacrifice these children as they carry out mass killings with detonation of remote controlled suicide vests. Thus (....now my words: here, we (mostly) respect/value human life; there: the grooming & sacrifice of these child warriors is a path to Paradise to be celebrated, with no concomitant value of others' human existence.

So I then recalled a song from an album which came out in 1989, the junior year of my college days. The lyrics are chilling now in their applicability to current events. The words do not line up 100% literally as they contain a bit of an agnostic bent; however, please read/listen and judge for yourself:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/The_The:Armageddon_Days_(Are_Here_Again)

I welcome any rational discourse, certainly, in response to this OP

Edited by BuffaninATL

This isn't even close to "slightly" OT, BTW. :)

happy to remove the "slightly" if it will placate, maybe I need to learn what is OT around here and what is not

Correct. There is no specific "there" with societies influenced by Sharia.

if I need to define the here and there by country it could take a while. Sorry if my description was too general; I thought most readers would understand the macro concept w/o the need for me to delineate by country/region/sect

Edited by BuffaninATL

Armageddon is not a prophesy. It's the goal line of almost every major religion.

Thank God the Bills have been matriculating the ball down the field.

happy to remove the "slightly" if it will placate, maybe I need to learn what is OT around here and what is not

I wish we'd just get rid of that tag.

I don't think that this board should have ANT religion/politics posts.

That's why there's a PPP board at TSW.

I'm fine with your opinion, except it's not as simple of a subject as mere religion; it has become an existential threat, and is getting worse.

Thank God the Bills have been matriculating the ball down the field.

I wish we'd just get rid of that tag.

love the humor PA, that is a good one !!

This is a kind of long, and interesting, read about the Islamic State. A lot of good insight. To defeat them, we have understand them, where they are heading and what it takes to get there, then deny them that. Ultimately ISIS is an apocalyptic cult that's trying to drag us down to their level, which is basically stone-age civilization and law. The worst thing we can do is get drawn into fighting with them on their terms. Edited by Robin Egg

This is a kind of long, and interesting, read about the Islamic State. A lot of good insight. To defeat them, we have understand them, where they are heading and what it takes to get there, then deny them that. Ultimately ISIS is an apocalyptic cult that's trying to drag us down to their level, which is basically stone-age civilization and law. The worst thing we can do is get drawn into fighting with them on their terms.

Thank you Mr. Egg for the linked article. I purposely waited to post this reply until I had the chance to read it in its entirety. I am enthralled and very enlightened by all the content of that article, which certainly augmented what I thought I knew.

Thank you Mr. Egg for the linked article. I purposely waited to post this reply until I had the chance to read it in its entirety. I am enthralled and very enlightened by all the content of that article, which certainly augmented what I thought I knew.

I had read that over a year ago but could not find it again for the life of me, so I am glad he linked it as well. Just lots of raw information in there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.