OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Neo

Simone Biles is amazing and Aly Raisman is pretty ######in good too. Congrats to them.Phelps just wasted Lochte in that race, damn.

Two of my three daughters used to do their gymnastics training at the same gym (Brestyans) Ali goes to. I've got a few pictures of them with Aly, who is a great kid btw. My youngest was one of four girls that got to wear the first Aly Raisman leotard she designed. This was right around the time of the London olympics. My daughter is the second one in from the right.

post-330-0-29946100-1471006313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claude Balls

I think rhythmic gymnastics starts today. I know a lot of people laugh at it, but it always captivated me as a kid, and it's probably the closest to the stuff I do now. The ribbon never did much for me, but the hoop and ball routines are just so tough. 

I'll be trying to find it on live stream. 

The flexibility you need to be competitive.... well, here's a girl hyper stretching:

2312011_orig.jpg?0

And, you know, just hanging out, warming up.

vasina-99p-der20060317ukr-300.jpg

I think rhythmic gymnastics starts today. I know a lot of people laugh at it, but it always captivated me as a kid, and it's probably the closest to the stuff I do now. The ribbon never did much for me, but the hoop and ball routines are just so tough. 

I'll be trying to find it on live stream. 

The flexibility you need to be competitive.... well, here's a girl hyper stretching:

2312011_orig.jpg?0

And, you know, just hanging out, warming up.

vasina-99p-der20060317ukr-300.jpg

I just can't get into the concept that it's a sport.  Sure, it's physically demanding; so is ballet.

Ducking for cover in 3...2...1...

I just can't get into the concept that it's a sport.  Sure, it's physically demanding; so is ballet.

Ducking for cover in 3...2...1...

haha we got into this two years ago on figure skating. I'm sure neither of our opinions has changed. 

It's athleticism. Not sure any of the gymnastics qualifies- a lot of it is subjective, just as subjective as figure skating. No goals, no timing, no racing. 

But I will agree that rhythmic is one of the odd birds.. that and synchronized swimming. Just kinda... what I would've considered fringe sports. 

Speaking of fringe and new sports- I'm really excited that competitive sport climbing will most likely be at Tokyo in 2020! aka bouldering. Watching those competitions is really cool- I love having it on while I work. 

Official stuff: 

And the awesomeness that is Psicobloc: 

Two of my three daughters used to do their gymnastics training at the same gym (Brestyans) Ali goes to. I've got a few pictures of them with Aly, who is a great kid btw. My youngest was one of four girls that got to wear the first Aly Raisman leotard she designed. This was right around the time of the London olympics. My daughter is the second one in from the right.

Nice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.