Evander Kane arrested on misdemeanor charge for June nightclub incident

Hoss

The December incident is guy meets girl, takes her out for dinner and back home, she somehow gets injured in the process, perhaps seriously. The lack of charges mitigates in Kanes favour, but how badly was she hurt, and how did it happen?

Agree with most of what you posted. I will say that the December incident appears more to be: Guy meets girl at a bar (sounds like it was their first time meeting, maybe), buys her drinks, invites her to a party at his place, takes here there in his car (hired driver), there is no party at his place, and she now claims that once they were there he forcibly touched her in ways that injured her.

Yuck.

Wasn't there something to the effect that the December alleged incident occurred in his car?  And the cops searched his car, didn't find anything and so dropped it?

That is a highly vague recollection though -- I could be completely out to lunch.

IDK but I read some of it, googled a bit, and got mad.  She's brave.  She could just walk away and go about her life anonymously.  Instead she's taking him on, probably because it was that ###### bad and she doesn't want any more victims.

I hope Terry and Kim Pegula read it themselves and think hard about what message it sends when they continue to employ and promote a man who behaves this way.

Well, you're assuming away the whole "guilty or innocent" question there, innit?

Bottom line is that we have no idea how he behaved or whether she is being truthful.  It's certainly possible that he forced himself on her.  It's also certainly possible that she is shaking him down or is PO'd at being told to get lost.  Or a number of other scenarios.

I am avoiding passing judgment on Kanes guilt or his suitability to the team until the facts are presented in a court of law. I will allow that I have long ago decided I want him nowhere near my daughters.

So you've merely judged him guilty-ish? Or perhaps guilty enough? :p

I'm just joking. I know children and a hockey team aren't exactly equivalent :)

I am avoiding passing judgment on Kanes guilt or his suitability to the team until the facts are presented in a court of law. I will allow that I have long ago decided I want him nowhere near my daughters.

With that out of the way I am far more troubled with the allegations presented in the civil suit than the current legal court case.

On the surface I find it pretty easy to project the Bottoms Up incident as douchey hockey player has douchey interaction with douchey bar patrons, where there may have been a history. Nobody hurt.

The December incident is guy meets girl, takes her out for dinner and back home, she somehow gets injured in the process, perhaps seriously. The lack of charges mitigates in Kanes favour, but how badly was she hurt, and how did it happen?

If the facts are enough to decide "keep him away from my girls", how are they not also enough to say "get him off my beloved hockey team"?  It's not like he's a druggie, or lazy, or whatever and you just don't want the girls hanging around a loser.  This is completely unacceptable behavior and as a society/community we should take a stand, court/civil rights kept separate.  

If the facts are enough to decide "keep him away from my girls", how are they not also enough to say "get him off my beloved hockey team"? It's not like he's a druggie, or lazy, or whatever and you just don't want the girls hanging around a loser. This is completely unacceptable behavior and as a society/community we should take a stand, court/civil rights kept separate.

Because I have seen enough evidence to make me concerned that he is not a nice person, and that he lives a lifestyle that doesn't reflect my values. Like most dads, I want my daughters to hang out with nice people who share the values I've tried to give them.

I have not seen enough evidence that he is a negative influence on my hockey team, in fact the evidence seems to be the opposite.

I can work with a-holes as long as they contribute to the goals of the organization. He's not the first a-hole to play for the Sabres and he likely won't be the last.

As more facts come out about Kane and it is proven he is worse than just another ahole, my views may change.

Edited by dudacek

If the facts are enough to decide "keep him away from my girls", how are they not also enough to say "get him off my beloved hockey team"?  

The man is a hockey player. He (hopefully) provides me entertainment a few nights a week for a few months out of the year. If I don't find him worthy of dating my daughters (granddaughters, I didn't have daughters, I had sons, but that's not the point) I should no longer want him to entertain me? What the ?

Bottom line is that we have no idea how he behaved or whether she is being truthful.  It's certainly possible that he forced himself on her.  It's also certainly possible that she is shaking him down or is PO'd at being told to get lost.  Or a number of other scenarios.

FWIW, I'm just not inclined to give that guy the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Its an interesting view of personalities, how selectively we (and I do mean the royal we. We all engage in it) pick and choose who we are willing to pass or not pass judgement upon until legal proceedings have run their course.

Im thinking mostly of the compare/contrast of the people we judge in the politics thread vs the people we judge in threads like this one.

Its an interesting view of personalities, how selectively we (and I do mean the royal we. We all engage in it) pick and choose who we are willing to pass or not pass judgement upon until legal proceedings have run their course.

Im thinking mostly of the compare/contrast of the people we judge in the politics thread vs the people we judge in threads like this one.

Kane is not trump. He's sports entertainment, not a presidential candidate. Please save politics for the political thread.

Kane is not trump. He's sports entertainment, not a presidential candidate. Please save politics for the political thread.

You're awful sensitive of late. It wasnt a political comment. It was an observation of all of our hypocrisy.

I never engage in the politics thread.

So I'm all good with my judgment of Evander. ;p

I'd say the scrutiny we give a leader of country - though based on different criteria - is and should be closer to that we give our children's peers than our entertainment figures. Weave's observation is correct however, it is interesting where we draw our lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.