Sabres checking out Yakupov

dudacek

Hopefully it isn't because Murray is looking for something to do after exhausting all other trade options.

Seems to work for both teams.

Even if it is, buying low isn't a bad idea. He lit it up in limited time with McDavid (I know I know).

I'd happily be convinced otherwise, but in my current view Yakopov would be a nothing-to-near nothing add.

I certainly wouldn't bet on him adding anything, but longer odds have hit :lol:

Yak for a third is a good buy-low experiment.

I think he's got skill, I just have no faith in his ability to play hockey and I worry he would simply get in the way.

The guy was drafted at the top of the 1st round for a reason, he has skill, the hope is that a change of scenery and coaching might help him reach his potential. For a non 1st round draft pick, why not take a chance? It would allow TM to maybe deal away another decent forward for help elsewhere.

I like this logic because I'm not enthralled with the player. But at the end of the day if it were to help us I'm in.

Edited by beerme1

I like this logic because I'm not enthralled with the player. But at the end of the day if it were to help us I'm in.

He not someone you are overpaying for to be the saviour, hes a buy low, high ceiling/potential candidate that your picking up for the same price you just paid for the rights to a player with no NHL experience.

He's cheap so it won't hurt if he doesn't work out and you cut him, and if he works out you have a former 1st rounder with skill

He not someone you are overpaying for to be the saviour, hes a buy low, high ceiling/potential candidate that your picking up for the same price you just paid for the rights to a player with no NHL experience.

He's cheap so it won't hurt if he doesn't work out and you cut him, and if he works out you have a former 1st rounder with skill

And as an added bonus someone you don't care exposing for Vegas. If it plays out like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.