Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Why? 7.8 each season for the next 2 years for a diminished player who doesn't play defense. We don't have the cap space and don't need another over paid non-producer. We already have Moulson and Kane. That's enough thank you.

Kane is solid defensively and scored 20 goals last season so yea... maybe take your hatred down a notch

On the docket for Vesey today are visits with the Bruins, Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks. The Hawks I believe are further away from Boston than Detroit but I didn't go to Harvard so maybe I am wrong. 

See this folks? This is why you trade for his rights. Multiple meetings, and all to ourselves

But we wasted a 3rd round pick that will never pan out! 

giphy.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I have to share this random tweet. 

#Vesey signs with #bruins then trade Spooner Mcquaid 1st for Trouba

Lol, you amuse me Boston.

Edited by LGR4GM

Because I believe in a fair argument even if it does support Pi's Vesey hate a little:  I am seeing some tweets that are reaffirming that one of Vesey's "demands" (how it is worded) is for playing time. After hearing Craig Rivet talk the other day about how Girgorenko got frozen out of the room because he thought he deserved playing time, I am raising a serious eyebrow. Kid's never set foot on NHL ice and he wants guaranteed playing time? Jack Eichel doesn't get guaranteed playing time in my book, you have to earn it every year, every game, every shift. If this is true that he demands X amount of playing time either walk away because that is scary or, give him that time against other teams top lines and see if he breaks. 

According to this article http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jimmy-vesey-free-agent-nhl-rumours-maple-leafs-bruins-sabres-rangers-blackhawks/

The Leafs brought Auston Matthews along with them for their interview. You know, another guy who can relate to Vesey about never playing a single NHL minute.

Multiple reports says the Boston Bruins will be Vesey's last meeting today and is supposed to be his last meeting period before he makes a decision. Boston will be showing Vesey their new training facility which is not attached to their arena because suck it Boston, Buffalo has something better than you. 

According to this article http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jimmy-vesey-free-agent-nhl-rumours-maple-leafs-bruins-sabres-rangers-blackhawks/

The Leafs brought Auston Matthews along with them for their interview. You know, another guy who can relate to Vesey about never playing a single NHL minute.

Multiple reports says the Boston Bruins will be Vesey's last meeting today and is supposed to be his last meeting period before he makes a decision. Boston will be showing Vesey their new training facility which is not attached to their arena because suck it Boston, Buffalo has something better than you.

Hey Jimmy, there is a poster on SabresSpace that hates both on us with equal vitriol, what do you say about signing with the Leafs so we can REALLY piss him off

John Tavares in Boston as part of Islanders bid to recruit Jimmy Vesey. Teams going all out for this kid. Lot of teams still in play.

Hey Jimmy, there is a poster on SabresSpace that hates both on us with equal vitriol, what do you say about signing with the Leafs so we can REALLY piss him off

I think Pi's head would explode but I fully expect a little trolling from the leafs guy who posts here. 

<p>

So it seems we need a three-part poll:

• With what team will he sign?
  • When will he sign?
  • In which post # in this thread will it be officially announced?

Buffalo.

Friday.

More.

So what is the over/under on points Vesey scores as a rookie?

36.5?

I'd take the over, but not with a ton of confidence. 35-40 seems like the reasonable range to me.

65 pages and we're still 2 days out!

At least two days! Imagine if it goes until Monday :lol:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/08/red_wings_made_pitch_for_jimmy.html

Redwings may be out of the bidding

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/16/bruins-reportedly-among-teams-meeting-with-free-agent-jimmy-vesey/

Leafs, Isles, Pens, Devils scheduled to meet with Jimmy Vesey & his reps today, I'm told.

— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) August 16, 2016

Edited by ddaryl

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/08/red_wings_made_pitch_for_jimmy.html

Redwings may be out of the bidding

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/16/bruins-reportedly-among-teams-meeting-with-free-agent-jimmy-vesey/

Leafs, Isles, Pens, Devils scheduled to meet with Jimmy Vesey & his reps today, I'm told.

— Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) August 16, 2016

This is all from yesterday.

For those who missed it, he's meeting with Chicago, Rangers, and Bruins today. Bruins supposedly get last say. 

Because I believe in a fair argument even if it does support Pi's Vesey hate a little:  I am seeing some tweets that are reaffirming that one of Vesey's "demands" (how it is worded) is for playing time. After hearing Craig Rivet talk the other day about how Girgorenko got frozen out of the room because he thought he deserved playing time, I am raising a serious eyebrow. Kid's never set foot on NHL ice and he wants guaranteed playing time? Jack Eichel doesn't get guaranteed playing time in my book, you have to earn it every year, every game, every shift. If this is true that he demands X amount of playing time either walk away because that is scary or, give him that time against other teams top lines and see if he breaks.

This made me think and write.

I have no idea what Vesey wants, requires or demands. In the same situation, there are things I'd want, require or demand.

There's a difference, though. I'd explain those things to teams I'm talking to, How and why his list ever was made public, I don't know. It may not hurt him. It does not help him.

It moves the player vibe emphasis from "how can I help a hockey team" to "how will it help me". No doubt, both exist in all situations.

I'm a fan. I'm more interested in "how can I help the team" guys, stories or narratives. We'll have more talent if Vesey signs. I'll cheer for Deslauriers.

so Chicago Boston and Toronto are the final 3 or is Buffalo not being mentioned because they have had their meeting

As far as I can tell he feels he has already a good grasp of what Buffalo offers. The 3 today are supposedly the last 3. Decision coming Thursday or Friday. 

The issue with anything about the Vesey situation is that there are tons of speculation and crap from what I would otherwise call legitimate sources and that is garbling the actual facts. I will say that teams bringing these vets along to meet with Vesey is interesting. I wonder how team captains feel about going to Boston to meet with a kid who has never played an NHL game. I think when Vesey does make a decision he needs to go into that locker room, keep his head down, mouth shut, and work real hard. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.