Smylie Kaufman's Caddie Wearing Sabres Tshirt

DaveSnuggerud

And the leader Speith who is in the same pairing fell apart, going from a five shot lead to being three behind the winner Danny Willett. Is the Sabres Logo to blame?

Of course. I'm surprised the stuffed shirts at Augusta allowed a caddy to wear something like that.

His name is Aaron Alpern, and his Twitter handle is buffalo looper. "Pickup hockey role player, caddie." Hie Twitter feed is pure excitement about the Bruins missing the playoffs

The retweet of a racist meme is nice too. But this is golf. Gary Player got uproarious laughter the other day for saying the greens at Augusta were fast "like a white guy running through Harlem." Nothing to see here...

The retweet of a racist meme is nice too. But this is golf. Gary Player got uproarious laughter the other day for saying the greens at Augusta were fast "like a white guy running through Harlem." Nothing to see here...

Can't tell that Gary Player is a white South African, or anything...he probably rooted against Riggs and Murtagh in Lethal Weapon 2.

The Chappell meme was used on this board a lot last year. He is referring to world golf ranking points. Did not hear the Player comment.

Doesn't seem that long ago that a comment like "the greens are trimmed closer than a bikini line" gets someone removed from the Masters broadcast team.  Huh.

Gary Player got uproarious laughter the other day for saying the greens at Augusta were fast "like a white guy running through Harlem." Nothing to see here...

I was thinking more of the Fuzzy Zoeller line about what Tiger would choose for the next year's meal at the Masters. 

Do you have a source for Gary Player? I Googled it a few times (once without Gary Player's name (in the event it was someone else)) and came up with no link recounting a fairly notable remark.

The retweet of a racist meme is nice too. 

Are you talking about a re-purposed Chappelle joke? Not sure that can be classified as racist. A white guy's use of it may be a little not-all-that-funny, but Chappelle (an outspoken black guy) created that character. If others re-purpose it for their inside jokes, I can't see that as being racist.

Now, calling for Tiger to refrain from ordering up fried chicken and collard greens, that's another matter.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Do you have a source for Gary Player? I Googled it a few times (once without Gary Player's name (in the event it was someone else)) and came up with no link recounting a fairly notable remark.

It's buried in a YouTube video I watched about the honorary starters or the par 3 tournament. I looked but couldn't find it. It apparently didn't get any traction in the media. Again, why would it?

It's buried in a YouTube video I watched about the honorary starters or the par 3 tournament. I looked but couldn't find it. It apparently didn't get any traction in the media. Again, why would it?

in the internet age, though, i figured SOMEONE out there in the blogosphere (or Twitter) would have said something about it. but, nothing.

in the internet age, though, i figured SOMEONE out there in the blogosphere (or Twitter) would have said something about it. but, nothing.

He's an 80-year-old white South African shouting on a green at the Masters. It didn't move anyone's needle, mine just barely. I just half shook my head.

He's an 80-year-old white South African shouting on a green at the Masters. It didn't move anyone's needle, mine just barely. I just half shook my head.

He's also the 80 year old white South African who brought Arthur Ashe and Lee Elder to play in South Africa in the middle of apartheid.

He's also the 80 year old white South African who brought Arthur Ashe and Lee Elder to play in South Africa in the middle of apartheid.

Player has a very checkered history when it comes to exploitation and apartheid.  It does not surprise me one bit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.