GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 4-8-2016

WildCard

7th if Arizona wins, 8th if they lose (regulation or OT). If we win and Montreal losses, we draft 9th. So, locked into 7-9.

The Tyler Ennis milk commercial! I think that's a fitting way to turn off the TV after that game :lol:

Me thinks there is something tankish afoot.

If you're going to cut out his worst month (October), then it's only fair to cut out his best month (November).  He's .920 since December 1st, good for 21st in the NHL (minimum 10 games).

Include October all you want, he's still .920. By NHL standards that's 13th, not 21st. 

OK, let's take away November, he's still at .923. Where would that put him in the league?

I truly don't think Fowler gets moved. I really really really want him to though.

Me neither.  The offseason will be less spectacular than most hope for.  There will be new faces, just not the marquee variety.

I've done these stats twice now on Johnson. Advanced and regular, they both end up with him being average.

Not long term haha, and not if his partner is equal in ability or better (cough cough Fowlllllllerrrrrrr)

Fowler would make a world of difference on this team Edited by WildCard

Me thinks there is something tankish afoot.

Heh, I thought about that. I think there are other plausible explanations though. Meh.

Me neither.  The offseason will be less spectacular than most hope for.  There will be new faces, just not the marquee variety.

I eagerly await your posts when Murray overpays for non-marquee names :p

Except for the most important one..................obviously.

Which is?

After Freeman casually tossed it out in the prediction thread, I'm officially obsessed with the pipe dream of Lindolm.

Is he a lefty? Is PK a lefty? Edited by WildCard

I'd offer sheet the ###### outta him if he's not signed by the draft.

How's their cap?

I'd offer sheet the ###### outta him if he's not signed by the draft.

Brian Koziol@BrianWGR 3m3 minutes ago

Bylsma says Bogosian has a lower-body injury and won't make the trip to Brooklyn for the season finale #Sabres

Bunker rooms 20% off this weekend only! Get in while the gettins hot!

Can...can I rent a room?

Heh, I thought about that. I think there are other plausible explanations though. Meh.

I eagerly await your posts when Murray overpays for non-marquee names :P

You know you can count on me.

Include October all you want, he's still .920. By NHL standards that's 13th, not 21st. 

OK, let's take away November, he's still at .923. Where would that put him in the league?

Minimum 10 games, it's actually 22nd, not 13th.

Also, if you take away November (and only November), then he's .914.

Minimum 10 games, it's actually 22nd, not 13th.

Also, if you take away November (and only November), then he's .914.

If you're basing a stat on a stretch of games, you don't take away a chunk in between. I took away the first month because of the simple fact that Johnson missed the end of last season and was injured. Wildcard and Blue didn't like that so I said let's go with the entire year and dismiss my stat altogether. NHL requires (I think) 25 games to be considered stat-worthy. Blue of all people should know this....... you know, sample size. In that case he is 13th out of 44. 

There's a reason Scott Wedgewood isn't being considered for the Vezina. 

Sabres will have a tough time making playoffs next year barring any major moves. This team is weird to watch. They seem to have no identity. For instance Ducks play with speed and skill and have mobile defenseman. Los Angeles are big, strong, skilled plus have some really great players. Hawks are a mix of LA and Anaheim. It just seems watching this team their isn't any style. What's everyone's take on them. At least with the 2006 team they were fast and skilled. I just can't figure out what Murray is trying to put together.

There's a reason Johnson isn't either

There's a reason Lundqvist isn't either. But Lundqvist isn't Wedgewood, is he?

Sabres will have a tough time making playoffs next year barring any major moves. This team is weird to watch. They seem to have no identity. For instance Ducks play with speed and skill and have mobile defenseman. Los Angeles are big, strong, skilled plus have some really great players. Hawks are a mix of LA and Anaheim. It just seems watching this team their isn't any style. What's everyone's take on them. At least with the 2006 team they were fast and skilled. I just can't figure out what Murray is trying to put together.

I think the Sabres will end up being a solid mix of speed and size. It seems to me that there is a speedy team to be had and Goober didn't quite uncork it this year. He took a more conservative approach to get the team to find some chemistry, to mature and to get familiar with his system. The first 10 games showed a sign of that, they had great possession stats, great zone control, lots of speed......... but they were losing because opposing teams took advantage of that. After those first 10 games Goober locked it down and then slowly let them do their thing as the season progressed. That's just the way I see it, I could be completely off base. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.