2016 NHL Bracket Challenge

WildCard

Alright, fools, let's get this thing going. I know the playoffs aren't set yet, so you'll have some time to register and set up your bracket before they do. The search function and I don't get along, so I can't find who won this thing last year. Really hoping everyone joins, it's a fun time

League: Sabrespace

Password: sabrespace

Join!

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/picks

Who're you leaning towards? I'll stick with my preseason pick of Washington > LA Kings.

Not sure yet, Washington is obviously a good choice, I might go for a hot team in the east like Pittsburgh though (not sure when Fleury is back)

I'll probably wind up with LA in the west too, it is an even year after all. But when I do these things I usually go series by series and let it unfold, I don't try to pick winners beforehand

Not sure yet, Washington is obviously a good choice, I might go for a hot team in the east like Pittsburgh though (not sure when Fleury is back)

I'll probably wind up with LA in the west too, it is an even year after all. But when I do these things I usually go series by series and let it unfold, I don't try to pick winners beforehand

Pittsburgh is Washington's only competition that I can see. The Rags are stumbling into the playoffs, and Florida still is a very young team with Barkov, Huber, and Ekblad all tasting the playoffs for the first time

Pittsburgh is Washington's only competition that I can see. The Rags are stumbling into the playoffs, and Florida still is a very young team with Barkov, Huber, and Ekblad all tasting the playoffs for the first time

Agreed about Florida, but they're probably going to be the team I root for. Love me some Barkov.

I think I did pretty good one of the years. Maybe Eleven did too?

Last years: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23243-sabrespace-nhlcom-bracket-challenge-2015/page-3?hl=bracket

Looks like I did well until the Habs ###### me

I think two or three years ago I did well.  Not last year.  Not at all.

I'm in for this year though.

If this bracket goes anything like my March Madness bracket, then I will be of no competition to you all  :P

Seriously, I'm a pretty big college basketball fan and I follow the sport throughout the year. Yet somehow, my fiancee has beat me in our bracket challenge four years running without watching any games, knowing any players, etc. It's hilarious but sad at the same time. Anyways, can't wait for the NHL playoffs, so I'm looking forward to this. 

If this bracket goes anything like my March Madness bracket, then I will be of no competition to you all  :P

Seriously, I'm a pretty big college basketball fan and I follow the sport throughout the year. Yet somehow, my fiancee has beat me in our bracket challenge four years running without watching any games, knowing any players, etc. It's hilarious but sad at the same time. Anyways, can't wait for the NHL playoffs, so I'm looking forward to this.

It work that way, didnt watch any College Basketball except couple of luve games at UMass... non tourni and finished second in pool. When I have finished no where near top 10

Playoff brackets are now officially set, don't forget to sign up!

Thanks for setting this up.

Caps and Stars..... 33 Goals

The West should be fun to watch this year. I'm guessing the Penguins are the only competition for the Caps but having said that I probably just guaranteed the Flyers a first round win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.