GDT: Buffalo @ Carolina, 7:00 pm est, 3-22-2016

WildCard

Gionta has been a good soldier. He's a consummate pro, its one more year. It's not Moulson. ###### he's been a turd.

Agree on both. A younger, faster and more skilled player would be nice though. I can see Fasching on that line actually.

Yea Gionta's been fine since Bylsma stopped feeding him 22 minutes and forcing him into the top-6. His offensive skill has clearly eroded, but he can still skate and has good defensive awareness.

If you were GM would you hang onto Gionta or do you look for an upgrade.

I agree that Gionta can still skate; however, I have noticed he gets bounced around and finds himself on his back easily.

I'd like to see someone on that third line that can be stronger on his skates.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Edited by hockeyhound

If you were GM would you hang onto Gionta or do you look for an upgrade.

I agree that Gionta can still skate; however, I have noticed he gets bounced around and finds himself on his back easily.

I'd like to see someone on that third line that can be stronger on his skates.

In a perfect world you'd get a little better, but honestly, he's got 27 points mostly from the 3rd line, can kill penalties, and play defense. Though not perfect, he's been very effective on the 3rd line. He's also the captain and has a $4.5M cap hit. There are way bigger fish to fry this offseason. Like I said in an earlier post, our 3rd line is the one area of the team I'm comfortable going into next season with.

I love how Des/Kane/ROR crash the net. Most of their shifts seem to be played within 10 feet of the net.

It makes the game entertaining for sure.  I love Des, he's easily my favorite bottom liner in quite some time.  

I think he's going to be one of our four 30 goal scorers next year.

:devil:

Those drugs must be good.  :D Sarcasm of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.