GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto, 7:30 pm ET, 3/7/2016

Doohickie

My fear is 'winning' the lottery, getting Mathews, and then GMTM trading Samson for a winger. 

Nah, Sam's good enough that we could just move him to winger permanently.  I am against that idea but it would happen before we trade Tim Murray's first ever draft pick.

My fear is 'winning' the lottery, getting Mathews, and then GMTM trading Samson for a winger. 

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but Samson is a damn good winger.

I think this is the first GDT I've started this year that the Sabres actually won.

I really don't see that happening. I think Samson would just go to wing permanently.

Girgensons-Eichel-Samson

Kane-Matthews-ROR

Who-The-Ever

Some-Other-Schmucks

I could live with that. Not sure about Girgs, but I could live with it.

Edited by sabills

I would rather Samson at center and ROR on wing in the future

Either way.  I've really loved Samson on the wing this year.  He still thinks like a center, and pairing him with Eichel who likes to free-lance now and again, I think it's important that Eich has at least one winger with hockey smartz.  That line is really starting to make me think they're inseparable.... like another French Connection.  (Yes, I know, small sample size.  Fine.  Eat me.)

Eichel certainly is an exceptional talent; however, Sam is right there, and I think he is every bit as talented as Jack in his own way.

As painful as it is to be cellar dwellers again this season, Sam and Jack definitely raise hopes that we are on are way to making the playoffs sooner rather than later.

Btw, as much as I like Lehner, I think I'd rather see Johnson in net during shootouts.

Looking forward to next season.

Let's Go Buffalo.

Edited by hockeyhound

Fans do throw this around a lot, but I don't think GMTM would do it as a guy who values hockey sense over basically anything, and using that belief to make Sam his first ever draft choice. And I'm glad for that.

Yeah, it would. I think he's built for the occasional big moment but that's it. He just doesn't seem to have it enough to dominate games. Good player. No where near generational. 

GO SABRES!!!

He's got 20 goals as a rookie teenager, he's have a great rookie season, not just good. We can nitpick on a generational label, but it doesn't matter. He'll be a great player, not a good one.

Ah, I'm just pissed at the effort tonight. 

Hang on to your jersey. 

GO SABRES!!!

Good man.

I went to a lot of Otters games last year and McDavid floated plenty as well. I think they're probably waiting for opportunity more than anything.  

Really good point. Besides, there are no perfect players.

Kadri is a bitch

+1

+2. He definitely is. I remember on one of those full-access behind the scenes specials leading up to an outdoor game, Crosby is heard calling Kadri a joke. Completely true.

Samson can stay forever 

Yup. He's an untouchable. Don't like seeing him even mentioned in fan trade proposals.

Fans do throw this around a lot, but I don't think GMTM would do it as a guy who values hockey sense over basically anything, and using that belief to make Sam his first ever draft choice. And I'm glad for that.

Anyone who believes this doesn't listen to GMTM. Everyone has a price. Even his own mother. If you offer the right package, any player in this team is tradable.

Anyone who believes this doesn't listen to GMTM. Everyone has a price. Even his own mother. If you offer the right package, any player in this team is tradable.

Yes, but the price for Sam could be something insane like OEL, ARI 1st, and another prospect OR 5 first round picks.  I believe everyone has a price but that doesn't me Murray has a realistic price for a player.

Here we go!

Let's go buffalo!

YEA!!!! Also hellllloooooooooo NZ!

Well, I do listen to GMTM, so I'll rephrase, I don't think a team is going to put together a package that Murray deems equal to Samson in value, that will make this team better than Samson does. 

Sure, technically anyone's trade-able, but I expect to see Risto, Samson, and Jack here for the rest of GMTM's tenure.

Well, I do listen to GMTM, so I'll rephrase, I don't think a team is going to put together a package that Murray deems equal to Samson in value, that will make this team better than Samson does. 

Sure, technically anyone's trade-able, but I expect to see Risto, Samson, and Jack here for the rest of GMTM's tenure.

Here here

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.