The Eichel Tower

BetweenThePipes00

Ok. I don't think you can delete them like emails.

On my phone, I often have to manually scroll up to the top. It's annoying. Sometimes there's a button that says "new tweets" but not always.

On a computer, it always starts at the top with the new stuff.

On the Twitter mobile app you can touch the little bird in the top left corner of the screen. Takes you right up to the top. Same effect as the "new tweets" bubble that shows up sometimes.

You don't delete old tweets because they don't actually exist anywhere except on the timeline of the person who made the tweet. Your feed of other people's tweets is fluid. They just become old tweets that you no longer see unless you go hunting for them. You'll never see them again unless you favorite them or they're part of an interaction you have with someone. You can look up someone's old tweets through their user profile, but it's not like what you see on your timeline is being preserved anywhere in your account. 

It seemed that when I logged out from my mobile last night they may have been deleted, as there was a pop up message warning me that signing off would delete (maybe it said remove?) all data from my feed.  I have not logged in yet today in order to check this out.

It seemed that when I logged out from my mobile last night they may have been deleted, as there was a pop up message warning me that signing off would delete (maybe it said remove?) all data from my feed.  I have not logged in yet today in order to check this out.

I have no idea what that would be about. Unless you're using some very strange mobile version of twitter. 

It seemed that when I logged out from my mobile last night they may have been deleted, as there was a pop up message warning me that signing off would delete (maybe it said remove?) all data from my feed. I have not logged in yet today in order to check this out.

When you say logged out, do you mean you actually log out of Twitter instead of just closing the program or switching to another? If so, that's probably why.

When you say logged out, do you mean you actually log out of Twitter instead of just closing the program or switching to another? If so, that's probably why.

Yes.  Actually log out of twitter and everything else when I turn off my phone.

My phone is still primarily a business / work tool and when I leave the office for the day I shut it down and leave it at my office.

I just logged into twitter on my phone for the first time today.

It started listing current tweets in my feed and there was a button to push (optional) to show all the missed tweets from the time I logged out yesterday evening.  I pushed that button and it listed all the tweets back to the time of my logging out.

All the tweets from yesterday (prior to my logging out) were gone.

My phone is still primarily a business / work tool and when I leave the office for the day I shut it down and leave it at my office.

It started listing current tweets in my feed and there was a button to push (optional) to show all the missed tweets from the time I logged out yesterday evening.  I pushed that button and it listed all the tweets back to the time of my logging out.

Well it looks like you have solved the problem of how to clear tweets.

Now on to cold fusion, right?

I had no idea this was a thing you could do. I didn't know people logged out of twitter.  :P

• 1 month later...

I know some guys in the t shirt biz, and offer as feedback something they hold as a golden rule: When at all possible, avoid the "white field." Even a light grey will tend to be a better seller. I have no idea whether that's practicable for you, but offered FWIW.

• 7 months later...

Between The Pipes might be lining up a post on this, but I'm going to steal his thunder because its cool as hell:

So happy we could make this moment happen in Nashville! The the next puck on the @EichelTower615 will have Jack's autograph on it!

C29ZctjWEAA-SlC.jpg

C29ZctcWIAAFTTz.jpg

11:27 AM - 24 Jan 2017 from Nashville, TN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.