2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

The more I read about Boedker the less interested I become in anything looking like a $5x5 contract. Among forwards, Eriksson (as long as the term is right), and Okposo have vaulted to the top of my wish list.

I too would greatly prefer either of those 2 to Boedker -- although I'm not sure what my cost limit would be for them.

I too would greatly prefer either of those 2 to Boedker -- although I'm not sure what my cost limit would be for them.

Eriksson I think I'd happily go to $6-6.5 million, but I don't want to go longer than 4 years on term and would prefer 3, which is probably 1-2 short of what he's after. Okposo more in the $5.5 million range, but 5 years. 

Eriksson I think I'd happily go to $6-6.5 million, but I don't want to go longer than 4 years on term and would prefer 3, which is probably 1-2 short of what he's after. Okposo more in the $5.5 million range, but 5 years.

No way I'd want Eriksson at anything longer than 3 years. Far more likely he ends up Moulson rather than Jagr.

The more I read about Boedker the less interested I become in anything looking like a $5x5 contract. Among forwards, Eriksson (as long as the term is right), and Okposo have vaulted to the top of my wish list.

I was super into Boedker before and I have also shifted my focus a bit. More towards Okposo than any others.

Same here. I don't want to pay him that, or give him that length, and he really offers nothing other than some inconsistent scoring.

I'm willing to throw everything but our Core Four at Hall

Same here. I don't want to pay him that, or give him that length, and he really offers nothing other than some inconsistent scoring.

I don't know how or why it happened, but I really was under the impression Boedker scored more than he does (I thought he was a 60 point guy)--it's why I was willing to overlook the other holes in his game. His flaws with only Ennis-caliber offense? My interest is way lower now.

And the numbness in your fingers? That's a nervous twitch you're developing over a deal that's not happening ;)

I don't know how or why it happened, but I really was under the impression Boedker scored more than he does (I thought he was a 60 point guy)--it's why I was willing to overlook the other holes in his game. His flaws with only Ennis-caliber offense? My interest is way lower now.

And the numbness in your fingers? That's a nervous twitch you're developing over a deal that's not happening ;)

I'll lose those fingers 4 Rooms style if we get Hall  :lol:

I will be shocked if Edmonton trades Hall. 

It's gonna happen. Everyone but McDavid and Drasaitl are up for grabs at the right price. For once I'm really pissed about our awesome center depth because I'd love to have RNH

It's almost unfair how much ammo they have. That top 5 pick? Don't be surprised if it's flipped

Edited by WildCard

Boedeker is asking for 5.5M for 5, not sure why anyone is particularly down on him. Good 2 way player and he won't be the 1st forward to be hot and cold on scoring. He's also one of the fastest players in the NHL which is a need on this team plus he'd be one of the few capable of staying with Jack.  Okposo's if he's an UFA is asking 7M per plus he's older and he's also an inconsistent scorer. Not belittling either just trying to figure out why someone would want one and not the other. Eriksson will be 31 next season, a bit of a grey beard for this team.

It's gonna happen. Everyone but McDavid and Drasaitl are up for grabs at the right price. For once I'm really pissed about our awesome center depth because I'd love to have RNH

It's almost unfair how much ammo they have. That top 5 pick? Don't be surprised if it's flipped

You're still drunk, aren't you?

Boedeker is asking for 5.5M for 5, not sure why anyone is particularly down on him. Good 2 way player and he won't be the 1st forward to be hot and cold on scoring. He's also one of the fastest players in the NHL which is a need on this team plus he'd be one of the few capable of staying with Jack.  Okposo's if he's an UFA is asking 7M per plus he's older and he's also an inconsistent scorer. Not belittling either just trying to figure out why someone would want one and not the other. Eriksson will be 31 next season, a bit of a grey beard for this team.

Everything I've read says he's a downright bad two-way player.

He's a 1-way player, is 26 and has never even hit 20 goals. We have this player, but a better version, in Ennis

Eriksson is your Hossa. I want a Hossa

You're still drunk, aren't you?

Maybe not to us, but I'd bet 3/4 of Yak, Eberle, Hall, and RNH are moved before next year

He's a 1-way player, is 26 and has never even hit 20 goals. We have this player, but a better version, in Ennis

Maybe not to us, but I'd bet 3/4 of Yak, Eberle, Hall, and RNH are moved before next year

Oh, I want in on this action. I think *maybe* two of them go, and Hall is 99.99999999999999999% not one of those two. 

I'll bet you 2 of them move, guaranteed. 

You backpedal like a politician! Maybe you can fake your age and the GOP can run you in a primary challenge against President Trump in 2020 :p

I think there's a reasonable chance two of them go, can't imagine three go, and would laugh maniacally if Chiarelli pulled a Seguin 2.0 with Hall.

You backpedal like a politician! Maybe you can fake your age and the GOP can run you in a primary challenge against President Trump in 2020 :P

I think there's a reasonable chance two of them go, can't imagine three go, and would laugh maniacally if Chiarelli pulled a Seguin 2.0 with Hall.

Hahaha I only backpedaled because of your *maybe*  :lol:

Well, we know Yak is gone. That's going to happen. I'd bet anything that either Drasaitl or RNH are gone, and they like Drasaitl more, so I believe RNH is gone at the draft. They've already tried and failed to move him. Then they have the top 5 pick to get their future d-man, or they can move Hall/Eberle and pick a winger. Which way do you think they go

A little ahead of yourself in saying trading Hall is "gonna happen." My guess is RNH will be the main forward they dangle. Yakupov could probably be moved, too. They need to add to the backend then solidly forward depth.

A little ahead of yourself in saying trading Hall is "gonna happen." My guess is RNH will be the main forward they dangle. Yakupov could probably be moved, too. They need to add to the backend then solidly forward depth.

Hall has become my new Saad.

If you will, read my post above, and tell me which direction you think they go in at the draft

Hahaha I only backpedaled because of your *maybe*  :lol:

Well, we know Yak is gone. That's going to happen. I'd bet anything that either Drasaitl or RNH are gone, and they like Drasaitl more, so I believe RNH is gone at the draft. They've already tried and failed to move him. Then they have the top 5 pick to get their future d-man, or they can move Hall/Eberle and pick a winger. Which way do you think they go

Ultimately I think they move one of their big forwards, I don't think they do RNH and a winger. If I were them I'd be most inclined to move Eberle and just run three balanced lines with center ice taken care of. Of course, I'd have to imagine RNH garners more on the market than Eberle would. 

Ultimately I think they move one of their big forwards, I don't think they do RNH and a winger. If I were them I'd be most inclined to move Eberle and just run three balanced lines with center ice taken care of. Of course, I'd have to imagine RNH garners more on the market than Eberle would. 

I think a center has to go, no matter what. The winger is where I hesitate, but that all depends on what they get for RNH. Do they get some bottom 6 talents and a top d-man? If they can't fill the top pairing d-man with RNH and/or Yak, then one of those wingers is getting moved IMO

6'0, over 210lbs, not Ennis, he has flaws but he's not Ennis small, we also have a major NEED for SPEED

Hockey News scouting report

Assets: Is one of the fastest players in the game, and he uses his wheels to create plenty of havoc when he's on the ice. Also displays sound two-way instincts. Can play either wing position effectively. Boasts sound offensive ability. Flaws: Could stand to shoot the puck more often, since he is not a consistent goal-scoring threat. Needs to continue proving he can handle the constant pounding and taxing schedule in the NHL. Career Speedy, quality two-way winger.

6'0, over 210lbs, not Ennis, he has flaws but he's not Ennis small, we also have a major NEED for SPEED

Hockey News scouting report

Assets: Is one of the fastest players in the game, and he uses his wheels to create plenty of havoc when he's on the ice. Also displays sound two-way instincts. Can play either wing position effectively. Boasts sound offensive ability. Flaws: Could stand to shoot the puck more often, since he is not a consistent goal-scoring threat. Needs to continue proving he can handle the constant pounding and taxing schedule in the NHL. Career Speedy, quality two-way winger.

You'd think with his displaying of a 2-way game then his possession stats wouldn't suck. He's not a possession forward, but he's not entirely inept in his own zone. Calling him a 2-way winger is just wrong IMO. Eriksson is a 2-way winger, Hossa is a 2-way winger, Boedker is an offensive winger who isn't terrible in his own zone

Ennis is smaller, so what? He puts up way better numbers, and unlike Boedker's injury riddled career, Ennis only has this year to point to

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.